New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
sulky of Sheffield
Posted by: Andrea (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 30, 2003 03:34PM

I'm feeling all sulky and fed up cos I can't come on Sunday (Mum says so <g>) The doc has signed me off for a month so is obviously not expecting a magical return to health and I'm feeling all left out, fancy living this near and still not being able to go. :-(

Anyway while we are planning stuff, would anyone like to take pity on me and meet me in Sheffield somewhere for a very leisurely cuppa (I'm not up to more)

---
Sylvester says.... *plock*

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Re: sulky of Sheffield
Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: May 30, 2003 04:16PM

Hmm... That's tough.

Anyway, I could possibly visit Sheffield. Whereabouts in Sheff ? I ask cos I'm liable to do stupid things like cycle down to see you.

Unfortunately I'm busy this weekend and next and have to work during the week. Perhaps after that.

Hopefully you'll be better for when we meet the Great Panjandrum himself.

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: May 30, 2003 04:42PM

We're meeting the Great Panjandrum? Did I know about it?

confused, of Leeds

ps Sorry to hear you can't make it, Andrea. We'll get you a present..

Date: May 30, 2003 04:53PM

Oh. We will. We will...

BTW, you live in Wakefield. If it helps at all.

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: May 30, 2003 04:59PM

hey, I did say I was confused.

And I am in Leeds at present, but not for much longer as we've been given an early finish. Rah.

See y'all sunday...

Date: May 30, 2003 05:04PM

Have a good 'un. Lucky sod.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 30, 2003 06:40PM

I could do coffee, but it would probably have to be a weekend. Sorry you can't make it on Sunday. :-(

Post Edited (05-30-03 19:41)

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Andrea (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 30, 2003 06:51PM

weekends are fine, perhaps at some point we could have a coffee at Meadowhall, easy to get to even for out of towners.

sorry for being mardy I must be feeling better, it's just there have been 3 things I've missed while being ill (10 weeks now and I've been signed off for another month) The first two I wasn't well enough to care and this was just too soon and too far away.

I was so looking forward to meeting more that the usual suspects (I think I've mostly seen 5 other people) not that I can talk yet, which is very frustrating.

well now I've stopped, I won't say any more, I just want to know lots asap ok?

---
Sylvester says.... *plock*

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Posted by: belochka (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 30, 2003 07:09PM

I'm sorry that you can't make the trips. I know its zero consolation but there's a wide variety of White Horse branded tat, sorry, tourist souvenirs. You wouldn't care for a very tasteful scenic Cotswold tea towel? :)

B

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 30, 2003 08:10PM

Andrea, if you don't mind my asking (I may have missed an eariler post), what is that you're recovering from? Sounds rather serious! I'm glad that we crazy Fforumites have been some form of comfort for you though. Being away from the world at large is not as much fun as it sounds. (I've been away from work for nearly 6 years with a back injury! But I could probably find a desk job now if I really *wanted* to, but I'm lazy LOL)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 30, 2003 09:26PM

Hey Andrea... sorry you're not feeling great. I know how it feels and am seinding lots of comforting *insert alcohol of choice* vibes. I'm still up for going to Howarth but can't make this weekend either, so maybe in a couple of months when you're feeling more like it, we can go? And anyone else who fanices a return visit...

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 31, 2003 12:18AM

Andrea: I did offer to come and visit in another thread. If you're so close to Meadowhall, I can get there by tram. I can make daytime visits too.

E-mail me your address, if you want; you should be able to get it from one of my posts. And/or send me your phone number.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.