New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Monopoly Extreme
Posted by: Carla (---.zen.co.uk)
Date: June 01, 2003 05:31PM

heehee
:-)

i'm not sure i'd want to be in a forum where my mother was, i don't even like being in one where my sister is...

(how old are you just out of curiosity)

Posted by: Dell (212.32.44.---)
Date: June 01, 2003 05:54PM

I'm only here cos she is anyway, if she wasn't she wouldn't have shown me the Monopoly stuff & I wouldn't have decided to have an explore.. So I'm not bothered, dunno how she feels about it

I'm 17

:) Dell

Posted by: Carla (---.zen.co.uk)
Date: June 01, 2003 05:58PM

ok i see, she wouldn't have show it if she didn't want you here i think
:-)

are you a nextian, or just here for the monopoly?

Date: June 01, 2003 06:27PM

Just here cos of the monopoly really...

I've been meaning to read the books since the signing in Abergavenny.. I am more likely to read books if I know the author is a nice guy :) Up until then it was just standard teenage rebellion (not reading what my mom reads sort of thing). Now it's just too many books to read & not enough time :)

Date: June 01, 2003 06:27PM

Just here cos of the monopoly really...

I've been meaning to read the books since the signing in Abergavenny.. I am more likely to read books if I know the author is a nice guy :) Up until then it was just standard teenage rebellion (not reading what my mom reads sort of thing). Now it's just too many books to read & not enough time :)

Posted by: Andrea (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 01, 2003 06:39PM

two??
that's all

and you aren't touching my proof so you have time to read them before I buy book 3

---
Sylvester says.... *plock*

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Date: June 01, 2003 06:43PM

I don't want to read your proof anyway :P

By the time I finish the other two I'll not be at home anyway, so it's safe :)

Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: June 01, 2003 11:33PM

Always nice to see a close MOther/Daughter relationship. Of course, insults directed at each other in the fforum will be eagerly drunk up by the rest of us. :)

Date: June 02, 2003 12:03AM

where close is 150 miles, yes it is nice :)

we're not like this in the same house

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: June 02, 2003 08:09AM

That's as close as you need

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 02, 2003 11:46AM

I'm sure I could get my mother to join the Fforum... if she could ever be bothered to work out how to use the Internet. She tends to leave it to my father, who's a remarkably technologically inclined old chap considering he's nearly 75! Unfortunately he'd never read Jasper Fforde. It would be far too surreal for his taste. :-(

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: fuzz (---.cable.ubr05.na.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: June 02, 2003 07:02PM

I've just lent my mum my copy of TEA, so whenever she gets round to reading it we may have a mother son thing going on as well. In my familey it's my mum who has an idea about computers, mainly becasue she's forced herself to learn. My dad, despite being pretty technical, can't be bothered to learn and can't even send an email. Sometimes I despair....

Posted by: Dell (81.152.255.---)
Date: June 02, 2003 07:23PM

To add to the relationship thingie, my boyfriend will be joining when he remembers. :)

I'm not sure if his mom has read the books, she'd like them. Though, I don't think she'd want to come here. Who knows :)

Posted by: Rhys (212.32.44.---)
Date: June 02, 2003 11:13PM

I rememebered! Just about...

The fforum now has it's inaugral mother/daughter/daughter's boyfriend relationship.

My mum's not read the books, i've told her a few times she needs to read them, that she'd love them, then we both forgot. I'll remember to lend them to her eventually...

Posted by: Simon (---.lancing.org.uk)
Date: June 03, 2003 10:06AM

Welcome!

Posted by: Andrea (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 03, 2003 10:42AM

they were both mentioned early on in the fforum history as we all went to Jaspers signing in Abergavenny in June last year (they'll know the date :-D)and I invited people to meet up but there weren't enough of us on here. I posted a report about it and we pestered Jasper and Mari, drank champagne and had photos took, I even had one book officially not signed, I'd taken it to read.

So it's almost a year since we first met him, and I've been on here a year wow!

---
Sylvester says.... *plock*

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Posted by: Dell (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 03, 2003 12:44PM

A bit difficult to forget that date, one day before Rhys met Stephen Hawking, 2 days before we got together. *grin*

It also means, it's been nearly a year I've been meaning to get round to reading the books :)

Date: June 03, 2003 01:49PM

Stephen Hawking - wow! He's another of my heroes. He is such a lucid writer, and with a great sense of humour too.

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Posted by: Dell (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 03, 2003 02:00PM

Rhys had an interview with him. He usually forgets about it though (terrible memory)

Date: June 03, 2003 02:05PM

Err, right. It is possible to _forget_ about an interview with _Stephen Hawking_? Call me sad if you will, but I'd consider it one of the memorable moments of my life!

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the Fforum, Rhys. We're all crazy here, but very friendly!

Sarah

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.