New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Change of Launch Date?
Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: June 03, 2003 04:26PM

According to the Well of Lost Plots page elsewhere in this site, the launch date is now 1 July 2003 - that's only 4 weeks away!

And then on the Welcome page, it runs as follows:

"Thanks for logging on. The Next book launch is for Well of Lost Plots (UK) on the 1st July 2003" (so far so good but then it goes horribly odd) "and we have constructed a 'Puzzle Quiz' for all you puzzle fans out there. Have a look HERE and see how you do - Penguin are giving away goodies in a grand draw for the winners."

The Puzzle Quiz link takes you through to the puzzle for LIAGB.

Very confusing!

Can't find anything on the Hodder site about it - anyone know anything?

Re: Change of Launch Date?
Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: June 03, 2003 04:43PM

it's the 1st, i just got the email with the deal (we are going to have it on Books etc Choice)

And Jasper just made me laugh with an email he sent me (yesterday in the Brick Lane launch they talked a lot of a Mari Roberts, and I was wondering if it was the same, and he sent me a rambling email saying Mari Roberts are like Highlanders and will fight till the last one survives! heehee) I had to control myself and be discreet!

Posted by: panjandrum (---.man.dial.ntli.net)
Date: June 03, 2003 05:20PM

Sorry about the confusion; I have changed the welcome page so it makes a bit more sense...

Jasper

Posted by: Auntysassy (---.webport.bt.net)
Date: June 03, 2003 08:14PM

Thanks Jasper - now I'm in my 40s doesn't take much to confuse me! I probably logged in half way through the changes!

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 04, 2003 12:13AM

Ooooh, a post from the man himself !

I've come over all unnecessary.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.