New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: New Purchase
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 09, 2003 06:51PM

AAC - it's just your dirty mind... *cough* That script was done for a joke one Christmas (1977, IIRC), although the actual show was full of innuendo if you wanted to look for it (and in kids TV, you always do...).

Let's face it, this is the country that upset right-wing Christian groups (slogan: putting the 'mental' in 'fundamentalist') in the US by having a purple, handbag-carrying Teletubby with a triangle on his head (apparently something to do with gay pride). You should see some of the more outré theories circulating about (amongst others) the Moomins, Mr Benn and the Magic Roundabout.

In the modern world the Teletubbies have more conspiracy theories than most - my favourite is that it's firmly rooted in drug culture. Let's face it, they talk in a way no-one can understand, like pink dust from a windmill (obviously a reference to Amsterdam), get the munchies on a monotonous basis (and it's whatever comes to hand), and like to dance in the flowers. As for what the Noo-Noo is sniffing, I'll leave that to your imagination... As a clincher - where else do you see people staring at their stomachs and giggling?

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: belochka (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 09, 2003 07:11PM

Sorry to bug you again PSD, all good points about the Teletubbies, but what are people saying about the poor old Moomins? Okay, bit of a childhood sacred memory about to be demolished in asking.

Its like hearing a conspiracy about the Famous Five being heroin smugglers, or something similarly totemic. :-)

Date: June 09, 2003 07:28PM

Allegedly Moominpappa may have been 'doing' the Snorkmaiden, according to Skiffle's rather groovy book....

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: June 09, 2003 07:30PM

[www.allisonandbusby.ltd.uk]

PSD

==========

Date: June 09, 2003 07:33PM

And before the obvious question - [easyweb.easynet.co.uk]

PSD

==========

Posted by: belochka (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 09, 2003 08:58PM

I'm willing to accept that the Snork Maiden had the advantage of a fluffy fringe in the looks department, but no way would Moominpappa have gone for such a flibbertigibbet! He would've been lost in his moodswings without Moominmama's timely interventions and capacious handbag. :-)

The Mr Benn website is, well... the only thing it doesn't seem to cover is an alien abduction syndrome. Has anyone managed to get a degree out of the subject matter? It seems to beg some spawny git getting way with it.

All good fun though.

Post Edited (06-09-03 21:59)

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 10, 2003 01:11AM

The first (and only) time I ever watched an episode of the Teletubbies, I thought that Tellytubby land had a rather sinister 'Prisoner-ish' feel to it. Maybe they should use it for the next location of 'I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here'. It must be more mentally disturbing than living in the Australian bush

Posted by: adam (195.8.190.---)
Date: June 10, 2003 11:42AM

Sarah/Dave,

Got anything for Dawn in yet - 30D iirc?

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 10, 2003 02:05PM

Well, there's the Gossard Superboost II satin push-up bra (style number 7950). It's available in white, black or cappuccino, £23, full refund if not delighted. There are other styles available too, but since the site is still in a state of flux they're not all appearing just yet. We'll let you know as soon as the site is updated.

There should be a much greater choice available very soon, as Panache are about to expand the size range of many styles in their popular Superbra range down to a D cup. Watch this space, as they say!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: adam (195.8.190.---)
Date: June 10, 2003 02:09PM

Cool, I'll let her know - Ta Sarah.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 10, 2003 06:07PM

You're welcome!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.