New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Did somebody call?
Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: June 11, 2003 04:10PM

Well, fortunately I wasn't taking it for a grade, just for PE credit, which means I either passed or failed, and generally if you at least made an effort you passed. So it wasn't *too* risky.

My brother gave me the complete 3 CD set of Tom Lehrer's music as a Christmas present a couple years ago. Before that I only had tape dubs from old LPs, and a couple songs taped off the radio (Dr. Demento's show), including a version of Masochism Tango with full orchestral accompaniment instead of just piano (which is what we used for the class).

I love Tom Lehrer, even the stuff from the third album, some of which is now quite dated.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 11, 2003 07:33PM

I included 'We''ll All Go Together When We Go' on a CD compilation I made for a friend's 30'th birthday. It was titled 'The Most Perseve Album in the World......Ever !'

(For non-Brits, there has been a string of CDs released here titled with variations on 'Best 70's/Jazz/Glam/Rock/Easy Album in the World......Ever')

My compilation was inpsired by a series of discussions with Phil, the recipient, about the possibilities of producing a collection of transvestite songs. When I started to put together the compliation, I couldn't get hold of all the tracks I wanted, so I expanded the concept to a mix of (mostly) cheerful songs. Subjects covered include: tranvestites, maschocism, masturbation, suicide, war, genocide, necrophilia, strippers, exhibitionism and electrocution.
Phil was delighted with his thoughtful present.

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: June 13, 2003 09:56AM

Ack, real life has stabbed me again... I'm supposed to have time this week! Where's it all gone?!?!?!

Beautifully off-topic as per usual. Always good to see.

Oops, got to go put the washing out...

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Date: June 13, 2003 11:52PM

Washing; oh, yes, that would be the mountain of clothes and towels leering at me from the corner of the bedroom.
I managed to postpone the necessity of tackling for two more days by buying a couple of tops while in town today. One is a navy t-shirt with the slogan "The liver is evil and must be punished". Shall wear it to the pub next week :)

Posted by: kaz (---.prem.tmns.net.au)
Date: June 14, 2003 12:30AM

LOL. Like that one. ust see if I can get one for hubby.

Date: June 14, 2003 12:50AM

Kaz: I got mine from a charity shop - brand new by the look of it. The label inside says t-chest.co.uk so you can try that.

Date: June 14, 2003 12:51AM

I'll give it a try. Thanks Skiffle

Date: June 14, 2003 12:58AM

*snort* You've gotta check that one out. My own personal favourite: You're just jealous because the little voices are talking to me.

2nd Fave: Jesus is coming. Look busy!

Date: June 14, 2003 01:17AM

The fitted T's have a couple more:

So many men - so few who can afford me.
ALL THIS - and brains
I'm busy, you're ugly, have a nice day.

Very tempted to get 'ALL THIS - and brains'

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 14, 2003 11:40AM

Me too! :-) But what I _really_ want is a ChronoGuard T-shirt, as soon as it becomes available.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 14, 2003 12:38PM

Go fetch one, you're in the organisation anyway. Get one anywhen you want. Get next years and change fashion; start a paradox.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 14, 2003 12:59PM

I've got an Alpha-T, which has velcro letters to arrange your own message...

[www.redhead.co.uk] do great sports tops, especially for rowing. I've got a fitted T with 'God I'm good' on the chest, with a pair of blades crossed on the back.

I am too...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Simon (193.82.99.---)
Date: June 14, 2003 04:09PM

I've got a copy of the "little voices" t-shirt, too, but my favourite at the moment is my 'formal' one: This is a long-sleeved t-shirt in black, whose front is decorated to look (approximately) like a tuxedo with a white shirt & a bow-tie... I bought the latter in Past Times, it was in their 'James Bond' section...

"This was willed where what is willed... can get rather silly."

Posted by: belochka (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 14, 2003 07:32PM

One of my all time favourite sloganned t-shirts said 'Depraved and Corrupt' in shiny metallic letters. Alas it became to small to wear :(

I do want to get one of those with stick on letters, endless amusement.

Date: June 14, 2003 08:55PM

Anything I want badly enough on a T-shirt gets rendered into a cross stitch chart and added to the T-shirt using waste canvas. I did a wonderful Celtic monogram once. :-)

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Posted by: Carla (---.zen.co.uk)
Date: June 14, 2003 10:07PM

My fave t-shirt is one Michael got for me from www.thinkgeek.com

It says:

"i Love my geek"

Date: June 14, 2003 10:54PM

Great T-shirt! Now I just need a geek to love...

Sarah

Posted by: fuzz (---.cable.ubr05.na.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: June 14, 2003 11:24PM

For some reason my girlfreind wasn't too impressed with that one, i don't know. I've got a few thinkgeek T's, my favourite is still my www.megatokyo.com 3vi1 - L33T one.

Posted by: dave (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 14, 2003 11:29PM

MEgatokyo is fantastic. I want a Baka one in japanese script. :-)

how much was shipping to the UK, can you recall?

Date: June 15, 2003 12:33AM

A friend once saw two people together wearing T-shirts. One read:

Together
Make

The other one had:

We
Sense

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.