New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Second hand bookshops
Posted by: belochka (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 12, 2003 03:31PM

I wonder if its a sudden accretion of 'word of mouth', sneaky PR tactics or a supposedly slow news day. At least this site is quite fun and useful for tea breaks, anyone recall that Turkish bloke's site who had his five minutes of fame and whose name I can no longer remember?

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: June 12, 2003 03:45PM

I loved that 'I Love You' site by the Turkish chappie - my friend in Norway sent it to me. However, it soon got hi-jacked and a lot of dodgy stuff was posted on it. I think in the end it had to be 'removed'.

Where abouts in Lincoln are the in-laws, Belochka? That's my place of origin.

Date: June 12, 2003 04:17PM

Well there's one Aunt-in-law living in Lincoln, and an aunt and uncle-in-law who've just moved to a village outside of the town whose name escapes me at the mo, I'll have to go and check. All Nick's folks come from roundabout there, we had a big Addison family gathering at a pub called the Railway Inn not too long ago.
Incidentally the Aunt in Lincoln was married to one of the chief bellringers at Lincoln Cathedral, he's got a small stained glass memorial window in the Bellringers Chapel which we all went to see. The vergers kindly let us in because that part wasn't open, the bellringers were up in the tower at the time.

I like Lincoln a lot, its also were Nick proposed to me! :)

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 12, 2003 06:09PM

Mahmood, wasn't he?

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: June 12, 2003 07:22PM

Too much time on my hands obviously, but I've just googled to find any if there's any update on Turkish 'Mahmood" and his website. Got a load of guff but nothing that seemed to be him.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 12, 2003 09:05PM

No dodgy goings-on at the Fulwood road Oxfam in Sheffield where I used to help. The manageress, Helena, is very strict about that sort of thing. Staff aren't allowed 'first pick'; they have to buy things from the shop at usual prices and it's entered into a book. I got a green silk shirt as soon as I saw it being hung up on the racks.
I was allowed a free copy of '101 Dalmations', but they get plenty of copies of that sort of thing

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.