New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bizarre board games
Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: June 16, 2003 05:10AM

I've played Magic a few times when it was first popular and several of my friends were VERY into it. None of them play it much now.

I know an artist (in our local SCA group) who's done illustrations for a number of Magic cards, among other things. His webpage has the cards he's done, as well as a few spoofs done for Inquest magazine.
[www.randyasplund.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: June 16, 2003 07:13AM

I've played Magic and we have a few decks, but I never really got too into it because the people we played with were rather fanatical and were nasty about playing.

Posted by: dante (---.kw.bbc.co.uk)
Date: June 16, 2003 09:18AM

Magda - that art is great! I only recognise one of the cards, but like I say, haven't played for a while...

AAC, I know the type of people you mean. I prefer to play for fun, myself!

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: Simon (---.lancing.org.uk)
Date: June 16, 2003 01:35PM

One of the people in my ex-University roleplaying group started bringing a selection of Magic decks to our annual reunions, as something for use to do in between the roleplaying sessions. I subsequently bought some cards and built a few decks of my own, but the annual reunions are the only occasions on which I ever use them.

The collectable card game that I used to be into was 'Legend of the Five Rings', which is a fantasy wargame set in a culture that was quite heavily based on our world's pre-"modern" Japan. Haven't played that for about a couple of years, though, as both of the groups in which I'd been doing so broke up...

"This was willed where what is willed... can get rather silly."

Posted by: Jo (---.ex.ac.uk)
Date: June 17, 2003 12:43PM

I've played Magic a couple of times, though I wasn't particularly good at it. Lots of people who've played Escape From Atlantis! I've never heard of anyone else who'd even heard of it before :D
We've got a board game based on the Hobbit which is pretty silly - you go around collecting jewels, swopping them for weapons, and answering riddles. Great fun, but takes forever, particularly if you don't read the instructions before starting!

I drink to drown my sorrows. Unfortunately they've learnt how to swim.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.