New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Trainee geek needs help...
Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 13, 2003 10:15PM

Oh, I'm not a great tweaker or meddler - all I want to do with the thing is chat! Besides, there are certain disadvantages to customised IRC scripts. I've got one online friend (a teenager, needless to say) who likes to chat in lime green on white. I have to ask her to spare my ageing eyes and darken the colour a little for my benefit. She's pretty good about it, but, honestly...!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Milo (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 13, 2003 11:18PM

Aha! There's an answer to this one! If you go into IRC then click File and Options, then select IRC and Messages, then on that menu select the "colour" box from the "Strip codes from incoming messages" then everything will be in glorious black and white!

Hope I've saved your eyes....

Posted by: kaz (---.prem.tmns.net.au)
Date: June 14, 2003 12:33AM

The weather today is quite lovely. It's raining, dark and 5 degrees.

I'm telling you all this because I got lost somewhere around the second post in this thread.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 14, 2003 11:36AM

Thanks, Milo!

Sorry, Kaz...

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: dave (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 14, 2003 11:11PM

strange, I've got XP and trillian working just fine ( I think AAC and I have had this conversation before!!)

Give it a go, doesn't cost anything and it's only a 2meg download. It may *just* work :-)

Posted by: fuzz (---.cable.ubr05.na.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: June 14, 2003 11:26PM

Milo: I'm pretty sure trillian does log conversations, have a look in the prefs under 'Mesage History', and in your user directory under Logs, hope that helps...

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.demon.co.uk)
Date: June 15, 2003 07:19PM

I can confirm that Trillian certainly does log conversations. In fact, I think it is the default setting.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.