New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
@#$%& books for sale
Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 15, 2003 11:50PM

Thought that might get your attention. Well it's true. My publishers want to sell the last copies of my western 'Darrow's Word' cheaply.

'Darrow's Word' is about the sheriff of a Wyoming town, and his deputy, who have to keep hold of the very pretty suspect in a murder case. Other men, including her brother, take violent exception to seeing her behind bars. There's a strong vein of humour, especially as the two main characters are forever trying to get the last word on each other. There's more detailed information, and musing on the book, on my website:

www.gillian-f-taylor.co.uk

I'm selling copies at £3 each, plus postage (under £1/copy in the UK) I may be able to accept payments from overseas via PayPal, but need to check this out. The books are small hardbacks, cover price £10.25.
Autographs and dedications are free !

I need to have all orders in by the end of this month, please, though I will be ordering a few extra. My e-mail is:

gftay@rockingw.freeserve.co.uk

Recommended by Paul Darrow himself !

Re: @#$%& books for sale
Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: June 16, 2003 05:17AM

I'd love a copy if you can ship to the States, and I'm already registered with PayPal.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: June 16, 2003 07:12AM

ditto from me!

Posted by: dante (---.kw.bbc.co.uk)
Date: June 16, 2003 09:15AM

Me too. Except for the States bit, and the PayPal bit. I'm a bit sceptical about PayPal, can I send you a cheque?

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: Sara (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 16, 2003 09:19AM

Put me down for a copy too :-)

I don't think I've ever read a western, new experience!

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 16, 2003 09:56AM

I'll have one - will collect in person!

By the way, I've just realised I've still got your copy of "Uhura's Song". Sorry about that; I thought I'd returned it. :-(

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Simon (---.lancing.org.uk)
Date: June 16, 2003 01:37PM

Put me down for a copy too, please: I'll send you a postal order at the end of the month, after my next payday.

"This was willed where what is willed... can get rather silly."

Date: June 16, 2003 07:40PM

I'll make a note of the orders so far and check out the paypal thing after University Challenge, tea and probably another episode (or two) of 'Farscape'.

I bought the first series on DVD last Friday - 6 watched: 16 more to go ! I think it's a great series. The look is amazing, terrific aliens, the characters bicker, Aeryn Sun is the best female character in sci-fi and the entire universe is mad, bad and dangerous to know. It's got all the stuff I love about Blakes 7, but done with modern effects and a *much* bigger budget.

"Freeze ! Or I'll fill you full of.......little yellow balls of light !"

Posted by: fuzz (---.cable.ubr05.na.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: June 16, 2003 09:24PM

Farscape is damned good. In fact, i may have to take advantage of my flatmates 3 seasons on DVD before he moves to dorset. Shame we don't havea fifth season, but the creators have pledged to animate it by hand if they have to to finish the story, now that's dedication.

Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: June 16, 2003 10:50PM

Skiffle, I'd love a copy of your book. I'm registered with Paypal, too, here in Aus. You'll have to let me know about overseas postage when you've worked all that out.

'Farscape' is a fantastic programme (and not only because it's Aussie made with lots of Aussie actors). Unfortunately here in Aus we only get the odd programme here and there on free-to-air TV, which is quite annoying. It's mostly on Pay TV which I don't have.

Date: June 20, 2003 01:12AM

While the games room - sorry, second bedroom - was being emptied today for the new carpet to be fitted, I found a dozen or so copies of another of my books that had got lost in amongst all the other stuff in there. (like Mike's bullet reload machine - that worried the carpet fitters !)

This book is 'San Felipe Guns' and finishes the story told in my first two westerns, although it stands perfectly well on its own. It is a story of redemption, as Paul Hallam returns to his past, and has to overcome guilt and fear in order to make peace with himself. He gets involved with the farmers who have moved into the old ranching territory. Their enemy is Sandy Daniels, a local outlaw who loves to show off and be admired. The farmers aren't too happy when they discover that Paul and Sandy once rode together.

I hadn't originally intended to write this. The story of Sandy, Paul and another friend, Josh, finished differently. The publishers didn't like that story and it was never published. A while later, I thought about writing a story about a man who returned somewhere, to deal with something from his past. It soon dawned on me that maybe the story was about Paul and Sandy. The first full-length book I ever wrote was about these characters and it was natural and satisfying to finish their story.

I'm selling these for £3 each as well. Postage for sending 2 books together is almost certainly @#$%& than sending them separately, so if anyone does order 'San Felipe Guns' as well as 'Darrow's Word', I'll wait until the copies of 'DW' have arrived and send them together.

I'll find out postage rates when I can, but I've got fellers fitting new carpets all over the flat tomorrow and I might be off to Blackpool in the middle of next week.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.