New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Pick of the posts:
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 19, 2003 01:35AM

Well plock pickers, it's that time again - the movers, shakers and brain cell breakers of the fforum, as revealed exclusively (if only because nobody else cares) here on your official fforum chart fforum. Er, I'm not terribly good at the Fluff Freeman stuff, am I? Not 'arf!

----------------------------------------------------

The basic stats are quite interesting. There's now 31 'hardcore' posters, by my crude calculations - up from 21 last time (two months ago). The total number of posts in the open fforums is now almost twice as many as in the old one in a roughly similar period of time, without any of the technical problems we saw before, so well done to the bods who look after it (and a very big thankyou on behalf of the fforumites), especially Mr Ff, who's inbox I'm led to believe we clog. I think I might struggle to repeat this exercise if the fforum keeps growing like this - it'll be interesting to see what WOLP does to the place. There's going to be even more incentive to investigate the site in general, certainly, due to the 'Added Features' section...

----------------------------------------------------

As usual there's probably a few people missing off this list, for one of three reasons:

1: People with low totals (normally below ten), or who have buggered off since the last count have been left off. Life is too short.
2: I forget people, and have to trawl through loads of threads to cover just the major suspects' profiles. If I've missed you it's human error, rather than malice. Feel free to let me know, and I'll add your figures in.
3: Some people, who may or may not be related to Skiffle, have a habit of not bothering to sort out a profile. Still! (And I'm buggered if I'm counting them by hand...)

Anyway, without any further ado it's back to the rundown of the charts - let's see who's slacking and who's yakking?

----------------------------------------------------------

Bringing up the rear, at number thirty it's Chiriqui, with 11 posts. Chiriqui seems to have gone quiet since we stopped talking about Formula One, strangely enough, although I'm sure we remember some of her eccentric spellings fondly.

At number 29 is the great Panjandrum, with 13 (terribly informative) posts. This isn't a case of slacking - Mr Ff has far more important things to write... (roll on book four!)

At 28, a relative newbie - Pilkijam, with 14 posts, while just two posts more come from ilovespike, with 16 - another one who's gone a little quiet after a flurry of posts. At number 26 is Milo (presumably not one of the Tweenies), with 17, behind Swindonian with 18.

Now we get into the bigger posters, starting at number 24 with Dell, who's keeping it in the family with 51 posts. Just above her is crazy_june, with 55 posts - and I'm afraid to say I'd forgotten her, which served to remind me how big the fforum seems now.

Part time poster Jo has made 63 posts. I'd like to remind her that I didn't get where I am today (ie nowhere) by studying for exams, you know!

Dave Rainbow has made 67 posts, while crrbllsweetie starts the top twenty posters with 71 posts.

ScarletBea has posted 81 times, despite having hardly been about for various reasons, and Gill Neal aka Lycanthra Pod has posted 87 times.

Fuzz has also returned to us after a break for revision type exercise (they don't make students like they did in my day...) and has brought his total up to 112 - the first into triple figures.

My antipodean sporting nemesis, Kaz, has dignified herself with 132 posts, which puts her at number 16.

Belochka has posted impressively in a short period of time, puitting her in fifteenth place with 165 posts, while Andrea has 175 to her name.

If there's any sibling rivalry over the frequency of posts Adam may wish to look away now - 181 posts and still refferred to in passing as 'Our Kid'...

Auntysassy has been a busy author, with a huge jump up to 294 from just 13 posts two months ago - twelfth on the all-time list...

Sarah B just misses out on the top ten with 298, although I was shocked to notice earlier that she's been posting for longer than me, but has got much more noticeable in the past few weeks. Or is that just an illusion? Two months ago she had 74 posts though, so I guess she's been a bit busier...

Into the Top Ten, plot pickers, and I know you've all been waiting for it (okay, okay, just indulge me, okay? It took over an hour to assemble this list, so let me have some fun. Sorry? Get on with it? Oh, all right...)

And at ten - it's Rob with 360. If he's sneaky and gets a couple of posts in quick he can overtake Dante, who's a mere two posts ahead.

Further up, Carla has made a monstrous 435 posts, at least three of which were pleading for people to stop replying to thredas that were filling her inbox at work. Remember kids, ticking that box may make you feel good for a while, but think about entering into a commited relationship...

Magda has kept us all amused with tales of meeting Mr Ff, although I have a feeling that some of the 473 were on more surreal matters than cakes and dodos, which is in itself an acheivement. Magda, we salute you.

Seven posts ahead, and defending the honour of the South Coast - Simon, at six with 480.

Into the top five posters, and a huge leap in the number of posts as Dave has made 715 contributions to the fforum, not including his pic, which appears to be something from 'Day of the Tentacle', if I'm not mistaken.See, doing this kind of exercise shows you things you wouldn't have noticed. Like how bloody stupid starting it is... Dave may be surprised to hear he has dropped two places from last time though.

At four - Twila/AAC creeps ahead of Dave with 720 posts - raising herself a place up from last time. Good to see a proper piccy of her on her profile (ditto Magda, now I think about it). AAC's posting rate has doubled since the last time we looked at these stats, which is quite a performance.

In the top three there's some drama! Unbelievably the chief anorak has dropped from the number two slot! Jon's 778 being nothing to Sarah's frankly over-excitable 849.

On which outstanding case of kettles being rather good at observing colours of other kitchen objects, I have to confess that yet again I've been the thrombosis of the fforum, with an obscene 1538 posts. If it makes you feel more hopeful this is actually a reduction in posting rate of almost a third compared to the previous period. So naah!

And my percentage is down to a measly 15.1%, so I'm not nearly as ubiquitous as before. If you want to work out your percentage, as of this morning there were 10125 posts on the three open fforums - double the size of the old one without anywhere near the number of hiccups. Hurrah for progress!

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Re: Pick of the posts:
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: June 19, 2003 02:39AM

14.06% Whooo Hooo! And I'm making progress, I'm UP a place! YAY!

thanks for compiling that one, PSD!

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: June 19, 2003 03:04AM

I'll settle for #7, especially since they've actually been giving me enough work to keep me busy all day lately.

Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: June 19, 2003 07:07AM

Since I've only been on the fforum for two or three weeks I'm very impressed with my no 16 rating. Then again, it may be that I talk too much.

Noooooo. That couldn't be it, surely!

Thanks for that, PSD. And never mind. One day England will beat Australia.
Phwooaarrrhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Yeah, right!! All pigs prepped and ready to fly!

Post Edited (06-19-03 08:12)

Posted by: Carla (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: June 19, 2003 07:22AM

woooo i'm on the top ten!
:-)

Posted by: belochka (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 19, 2003 07:34AM

Wow, some compiling job there PSD! Thank you for your hard work though, I don't think I've made 15th in a list of anything before.

Still, I can see that I have a lot of ground to cover. "I can apply myself, must try harder".

Posted by: Intrigue (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 19, 2003 08:54AM

Looks like I've got work to do...

Posted by: Guy (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 19, 2003 10:20AM

Hey PSD, you missed me out -- 111, it says. (I could've sworn it was more than that . . .)

Jesus saves; Buddha does incremental backup.

Posted by: Jo (---.ex.ac.uk)
Date: June 19, 2003 11:19AM

I'm impressed, and a little worried at the rate my post count is growing :D I love spending far too much time on the fforums, but its not helping my novel much!

I drink to drown my sorrows. Unfortunately they've learnt how to swim.

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: June 19, 2003 12:53PM

In a vain attempt to up my rating (have I overtaken Dante yet ??) I thought I'd best reply to this. It'll be the last time I'm in the top 10. Too many posts for me to keep up...

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 19, 2003 12:55PM

21 today - I wish

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: June 19, 2003 01:03PM

It seems that by the time I've caught up on the threads, I've no time to post.

Other than the Food-Eating Battle Monkeys, which seems to be a bit of a hit! Do I score more for quality of surreal website linked?

Posted by: Pilkijam (---.gsi.gov.uk)
Date: June 19, 2003 01:20PM

Olay, right? Being in the list of hardcore posters is this a good thing?

Do I win anything? Is there a presentation ceremony?

It's an honour to included in the list and I have thirty people I wish to thank for making my time here enjoyable. Here's to the future and another post closer to twenty!

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: June 19, 2003 02:01PM

FWIW, I'm now at number 9 ahead of young Dante. A situation which is bound to reverse as soon as she logs in again...

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: June 19, 2003 02:06PM

Twelth - not bad at all!

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 19, 2003 02:07PM

Good grief! I'm sure I'm only second because Jon's gone on holiday.

The odd thing is that I really didn't think I'd been posting quite so much just recently - I've been so busy. I come here to relax and unwind in odd moments. I hope I haven't come too far unwound! ;-)

And, yes, if I have any say in the matter, Dave should indeed qualify for an award for finding surreal websites, but then again so should a number of other people. If I recall, it was Carla who found the one with the fancy dress for cats, and then of course there was the dehydrated water, but unfortunately I can't remember who should be credited for finding that one.

Right. I'm now going to make a new thread especially for all the surreal website links, so we can find them easily when we need a good laugh!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 19, 2003 02:10PM

Some of your odd moments are very odd (flinches)

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 19, 2003 02:31PM

What are you talking about? _All_ my odd moments are very odd! I don't do half measures!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: June 19, 2003 02:38PM

i found the Nigerian Scam Email Conference one as well
;-)

Posted by: adam (195.8.190.---)
Date: June 19, 2003 03:38PM

Looks like I'm top of Division 2 with a huge task ahead if I'm to break into the top flight.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.