New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Call Goliath!
Posted by: ilovespike (---.visp.co.nz)
Date: July 02, 2003 06:34AM

Do you think they'll have someone to kill Amazon.co.uk for me?

I ordered WoLP off them to get the book early.... and i've found out I have to wait 'til APRIL! It comes out here in JULY (2004)!

I thought I'd get it this August at the latest... but NOOOOOO! They have to annoy me. Typical.

Grrr....

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I'm not insane! At least, "they" told me I'm not. Excuse me, little voices that live in my head, can you clarify something for me?

Oh.

Re: Call Goliath!
Posted by: belochka (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 02, 2003 06:48AM

Yeah, its this feature they have now called "losing all your Jasper Fforde customers". If you want to check all the silly dates they're giving have in a look in the "Low grumbling.." thread. Not that I'm still annoyed now I've cancelled my order :)

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 02, 2003 11:22AM

Leave it with me, ilovespike. I will investigate tomorrow and make phone calls. According to the web I should be able to get it here in aus no worries, but I'll have to phone to confirm. If I can get it I can post a copy over to you.

Tune in tomorrow. Same Thursday fforum; same Thursday thread.

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 03, 2003 01:23AM

I can get WOLP next month. It's due put here 7/8, but the fellow at the bookshop said he shouldhave it in either last week of July or first week of August. Cost is $33AU for paperback and $55AU for hardback. I don't know what the exchange rate is but if you want me to get you a copy and post to you I can. You'll just have to send me a cheque of something. Let me know!

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: July 03, 2003 01:45AM

Apparently Amazon is actually going to ship the books to the US, but their computer that calculates the delivery date is/was screwed up. For more details, see the email they sent me in the "Low grumbling...." thread.

If in doubt, drop them an email yourself.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.