New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I'm a grandma! Anyone want to name them?
Posted by: KT (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 09, 2003 01:07PM

I seem to remember another crow called Leatherhead, or was that from Count Duckula?

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 09, 2003 01:13PM

Not sure. Dangermouse was very big here in Aus for quite some time, but Count Duckula never really took off. I only remember the Count himself and Nanny from that series, but I know there were four or five other characters.

Hubby took a poll at his college when Dangermouse was all the rage and Metal Mickey was on too. He asked everybody he saw which programme they prefered. Every person (and this included teachers) knew both programmes. Both CHILDRENS programmes.....

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: July 09, 2003 01:55PM

Can't think of any amusing names but congrats anyway!

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 09, 2003 11:12PM

OK how many other fforumites had a teacher nicknamed Penfold, after DM's sidekick ? Mine was my first year Uni Latin teacher. One of our classes was 9.00am on a Friday morning, which as Arts students, we naturally thought was most unfair. We developed an informal rota of who would turn up and who would get a lie in. We never actually discussed it, it just evolved.

Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: July 10, 2003 04:40AM

No teacher, but one of the boys in highschool had the initials DM, and one of his friends was the shortest kid in the grade, so......

Posted by: KT (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 10, 2003 11:27AM

Our music teacher was called Mrs Penfold. If we were noisy during lessons, she would play a loud chord on the piano to shut us up. She couldn't understand why someone would immediately say "Penfold, shush" and the class would burst out laughing.

Posted by: Intrigue (---.vic-remote.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 10, 2003 11:29AM

I'm guessing that Penfold seems to be the current most popular pet name.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.