New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Slightly less urgent now!
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 15, 2003 12:31AM

Mr Ff is going to provide links to the guide I did for the fforum, but I inadvertently removed all the formatting tags! Could anyone who's about quickly read it and point out any typos or bad formatting that I need to correct before I got to bed in half an hour or so? Thanks!

(The page is now up and running, so no need to inform me of any real doozies, although if there's anything major I can still get it changed)

Post Edited (07-16-03 00:07)

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Re: Urgent!
Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 15, 2003 12:46AM

You keep spelling 'etiquette' wrong. You put 'ettiquette' instead. I just checked in my dictionary. Didn't spot any other errors though.

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 15, 2003 12:51AM

I couldn't see any errors either (including etiqutte, but then, I can't spell). I did, however, notice my name at the bottom. Nice to know I helped. Nicer to know how....

Date: July 15, 2003 12:57AM

No idea, other than inspiring me to get all my spellings right to avoid mockery...

I spotted one boojum and sorted it. I can't believe I was so stupid as to cut and paste into Microsoft word to spellcheck - and then paste back in! I lost all my handy tags!

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: July 15, 2003 01:06AM

Speaking of mockery, I can believe your were so stupid as to etc, etc.

Date: July 15, 2003 01:12AM

I know, I know - the worst bit is I thought I was being so clever at the time...

Does it cover eveything that people need to know?

PSD

==========

Date: July 15, 2003 01:15AM

I think so. I can't think of anything you've missed.

Date: July 15, 2003 01:17AM

Cool, thanks for putting my mind at rest.

(for once...)

PSD

==========

Date: July 15, 2003 01:18AM

I restrained myself. It hurt, but I managaed it

Posted by: Ptolemy (217.205.174.---)
Date: July 15, 2003 10:00AM

I just love the speed this fforum moves at!

Seems like only yesterday I suggested it might be an idea to have a "hints and tips" page, and at the time PSD responded that it wasn't "crucial". 4 days later it's become "urgent"!

Ha haaaaaaaa! Sums us up really!

Author: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: 07-11-03 20:24

Most fforums have that option, so I guess it would be possible. By and large though we haven't had (m)any problems, so I think it's not vital just yet. I'm sure if it got really unwieldy Mr Ff would step in - or we could always ask for guidelines to be added.

I don't think it's crucial though.

There's a couple of things that've been missed which might be worth incorporating at some point, but it's not important.

[ center] centred text [ /center]
and
[ quote] quoted text [ /quote]

Post Edited (07-15-03 18:41)

-----------------------------------------------------------

* I'm backing the campaign to get the official Stalker for 2007 evicted *

Date: July 15, 2003 07:46PM

I know, I know. i just decided if anyone was going to be able to show off, it'd be me...

PSD

==========

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: July 15, 2003 09:29PM

<cough>

No comment...

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: July 15, 2003 09:33PM

Oh Sarah why not....

Just say it.....

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: July 15, 2003 09:37PM

I'm just too nice I guess. Still, I do have something planned for my sig... You'll see it in a minte, when I change it...

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Re: Slightly less urgent now!
Date: July 16, 2003 01:28AM

And a very good sig it is. Except for that last sentance. That may be a bit over-the-top. Perhaps something like: 'We can't get rid of him so we have to put up with him'?

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: July 16, 2003 06:17PM

Sarah - I agree with Kaz, wonderful sig.

He does grow on you after a while. :)

Date: July 16, 2003 06:23PM

While I'm suffering antipodean jibes, have you seen this news story?

Aussie tossers have better health

PSD

==========

Date: July 17, 2003 12:54AM

Oh, PSD. Now you don't need to feel guilty about that little secret of yours. It can help protect you against cancer.

Date: July 17, 2003 01:50AM

I only put a link up so I could use my cool headline for it...

PSD

==========

Date: July 17, 2003 01:53AM

And anyway, isn't that a little bit rich coming from our resident animal toy expert?

I can't find the website you were on about, but did find a parody of Alice in Wonderland instead, which is more than a little confusing. Also quite amusing -

"Severely frustrated by trying to author a story starring an editrix, knowing not how to tie in anything particularly erotic at this late stage in the game, and having developed a greater concern for doing the laundry than continuing to try, the author conveniently deposited Heather at the start of the chapter about the race and all that and washed hands of the whole affair."

Indeed...

PSD

==========

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.