New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Shocked beyond all Belief!
Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 16, 2003 01:50AM

I am in shock! I just looked toy dodos up on google and it came up with a site that sold toy animal penises (penis's? Penii?)! We are talking animal dildos here, people! For sale! Life size! With such remarks as "I hope you enjoy this toy as much as I enjoyed making it"!

Don't ask me for the web address. Shock induced amnesia has set in and I can't remember. Nor do I want to.

I need a strong drink.......

Re: Shocked beyond all Belief!
Posted by: Holly Daze (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 16, 2003 10:39AM

can hardly see to type for tears of laughter, my mind is boggling, many of my christmas shopping worries could be solved.

Posted by: Ptolemy (217.205.174.---)
Date: July 16, 2003 11:26AM

Ha! Good one Holly! Mind you, that line about "hope you enjoy this toy as much as I enjoyed making it" has me seriously worried.... presumably doing the ribbing was the best part?!

Posted by: Intrigue (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 16, 2003 11:53AM

But did you find any dodos?

---
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Posted by: splat21 (213.38.32.---)
Date: July 16, 2003 12:00PM

Think I'm even more worried if she did on that website. Poor dodos - I can hear them *plock*ing from here!

Post Edited (07-16-03 13:12)

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 16, 2003 03:16PM

Can't Google tell the difference between a dodo and a dildo? If it can't, I really am worried!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: splat21 (213.38.32.---)
Date: July 16, 2003 03:24PM

It certainly can't always tell the difference between a fforde and a forde... not to mention a ford.

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 16, 2003 06:36PM

I didn't get that, but thought you might like to see this article which is about reconstructing dodos as rather lither than has been traditional.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Simon (193.82.99.---)
Date: July 16, 2003 06:45PM

Very interesting, and very plausible.

Warning! Product may contain Newts!

Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 16, 2003 06:52PM

Fascinating - sounds totally logical to me - and it occurs to me that the dodos they brought back were probably fed up to a ludicrous extent by bored sailers while getting no exercise (the dodos!), so a bit more weight than usual wouldn't be too surprising.

_ _ _ _ _

Posted by: Auntysassy (---.webport.bt.net)
Date: July 16, 2003 07:46PM

Ah - but Holly, are you sure to didn't mis-type the word in the first place??:-)

Posted by: Holly Daze (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 16, 2003 07:55PM

Wasn't actually my google tho that would be the type of thing I would do, especially if I was doing a presentation and everyone else noticed apart from me, will wake up sweating in the night now - (and don't even go there, not because I own any of these products.) 'twas actually Kaz who found the phallus(es)

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 17, 2003 01:05AM

And they DID have dodo Dildos. As well as dog (that was modelled on the designers pet and was the one he enjoyed making!!!!!!!), wolf, hyena, three sizes of horse (junior, senior and another one that's blanked from the memory) and many, many more. *shudders*

Posted by: Intrigue (203.22.118.---)
Date: July 17, 2003 03:25AM

A mission is GTA3: Vice City is called Dildo Dodo, but the dodo is a plane.

That article is 10 years old, think they are any further?

Maybe if they cross bred a dodo with a pigeon, then bred the cross breeds together to get more dodo in them with each generation. That's the plan for the mammoth.

---
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 17, 2003 03:47PM

A very dear friend of mine, who had better be nameless, is highly intelligent but inclined to mix up her words every now and again. Let's just say that when she walked into the local DIY to ask for a dado rail, she caused extreme embarrassment to the young male assistant. When she finally realised what she'd actually said, she wasn't worried in the least. She just observed calmly, "Well, I knew what I meant!"

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 17, 2003 08:50PM

I'll bet she did ! Freudian slip, anyone ?

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 17, 2003 08:53PM

Spoonerism, more like!

Reminds me of that poor TV newsreader lady who was shot a couple of years back, Jan Dildo...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.