New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Since someone mentioned games...
Posted by: Milo (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 16, 2003 10:54PM

Has anyone tried the Diablo 2 1.10 beta patch? I've been thinking about it, but there's been a lot of mixed feelings about it. Any thoughts anyone?

Re: Since someone mentioned games...
Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 16, 2003 11:03PM

Nope sorry... but on the subject of games, would anyone like a copy of Unreal II? My computer doesn't have the ram for it so it's up for grabs.

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Posted by: Milo (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 16, 2003 11:49PM

For that matter would anyone like a copy of Unreal? I thought it was terrible...

Posted by: Intrigue (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 17, 2003 10:03AM

Who has GTA3: Vice City? It's a great game, set in the mid 80's. The songs are even retro, like Video Killed the Radio Star. I now know the words, but the song still doesn't make sense.

---
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 17, 2003 04:09PM

I know at least two Diablo 2 fans... will try and remember to ask, but my brain is like cream cheese at the moment. (This is a combination of the last of the virus, a scarily late night last night, and being woken up by thunder at six in the morning.) If I forget, please remind me!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: July 17, 2003 04:34PM

i only like games where you build empires type thing, i play Age of Empires 2 Conquerors Edition and Age of Mythology.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 17, 2003 08:57PM

i haven't got hold of Vice City yet, but I've only just finished GTA3.

They get really pissed off when you nick their tank, don't they?

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 17, 2003 08:57PM

I love the original GTA. If you run over an entire line of buddists at once 'Gouranga' flashes up on the screen ! The fake country and western song is hilarious. It is a game for those with a decidedly dark sense of humour, perhaps.....

Posted by: Jo (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 18, 2003 01:45PM

I enjoyed Diabolo 1, but never got round to playing the sequel. I loved watching my brothers playing GTA (they got very miffed when the 2nd one was an 18, and I had to buy it for them :) )

For myself, I love puzzle games (getting very excited at the rumour that a GrimFandango 2 is in the pipeline) - Discworld Noir is one of my favourites. If anyone knows of any good puzzle/quest games, do let me know - I'm always on the lookout for new ones.

I drink to drown my sorrows. Unfortunately they've learnt how to swim.

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: July 18, 2003 11:23PM

I played GTA3 on my mates P2, it's great! spent so much time fiddling with the radio i kept missing missions, though.

Games don't work on my computer. It's something to do with the graphics card, i think - they just lock up and crash the computer, usually around the splash screen, sometimes just 10 seconds into the game...

I've downloaded new drivers - didn't work. Any other ideas?

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 18, 2003 11:24PM

depends on your system, I guess. have you got a 3d graphics card? they might be demanding one

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 18, 2003 11:34PM

Might you not have enough RAM? - that's why I couldn't play Unreal II

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Posted by: Intrigue (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 19, 2003 02:16AM

PSD, get Vice City if you can! I never played GTA3, but apparently VC has a better storyline (your character actually has a name) and the radio stations are great.

Some random quotes:

MAURICE: O-o-kay! WOW! You're psychotic, and dosed up to the eyeballs on
tranqulizers.

JENNY: If it's psychotic to be happy, then I guess I am. HEEHEEHEE!!

----

Mr Zoo: Uh, doll, the name ain't Sheila, that's a Sheila's name. It's an
Australian joke.
Amy: Okay, oh right. I don't speak Australian, do I?
Mr Zoo: I guess not sweetheart.

----

Amy: Me too, I just got dumped.

Michelle: Oh well it is unfortunate you measure yourself worth in relation to a man my dear. Look at you! You could be an attractive girl, if you did some physical labour, cut your hair short, grew out your body hair and wore boots for example. You mustn't get sucked into their hetropatirarcy.

Amy: But I like dating, having someone buy you dinner is great.

Michelle: Well we'll come back to you and your problems accepting who you really are. Let's talk about me a bit more

---
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: July 21, 2003 06:33PM

Hmm, I've got an nVidia 3d graphics card, and plenty of RAM, as far as i know. Never mind... plenty to do online.

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.