New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Movie soundtrack?
Posted by: Carla (---.zen.co.uk)
Date: July 20, 2003 06:58PM

oh shush Jon. It was a Q & A in a record shop in Lisbon quite a few years ago. quite cool.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 20, 2003 07:02PM

It was a very professional drop, though...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 20, 2003 09:19PM

I was once in Jon's minority. Is it still a minority now I've chimed in?

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.STTNWAHO.covad.net)
Date: July 20, 2003 09:34PM

Yes. I've thought for years Marillion was a terrific name for a dreadful band. Plus I have an ex who likes them, so more inducement for me. :)

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 20, 2003 11:03PM

I like Marillion ! Early stuff that is; first three albums or so. I saw them live in Norwich, and also at the Milton Keynes bowl. I've got their autographs and had my photo taken with them, so there, nyah !

And they didn't take themselves 100% seriously. I loved that performance on TOTP of Lavender Blue. Fish had lost his voice, so he held up an A3 art pad with the lyrics written on, and tore off the pages throught the song. Of course, the soundtrack had already been recorded, so he would have been miming anyway ! His vocals were still played as he held up the lyrics :)

Date: July 20, 2003 11:04PM

Got any video footage? I think I remember that one. I think we now form a majority. Yorrick Kaine, here we come.

Date: July 20, 2003 11:31PM

I might have that one tape somewhere, actually. I've got all sorts of wierd and wonderful things in the way of music taped off the telly; some of it dating back to 1982 !

Date: July 20, 2003 11:33PM

Come up and see you some time?

Date: July 20, 2003 11:49PM

Sure. This week looks likes being rather quieter than last week. Might get something done, especially if it's not so hot.

Posted by: Intrigue (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 21, 2003 08:31AM

Back to the main topic, Spike could have "Werewolves of Swindon" playing in his car. (A remix of Werewolves of London, of course)

---
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: July 21, 2003 07:35PM

Carla, I just nabbed it off the web site, but I knew it was there because the epop mailing list worked it out over several years! Some of the stuff is pretty obscure, like Iain Banks' "Too orangey for crows!"

I always meant to read all the authors. Haven't yet - just counted and there's 20 I've actually read, and another 4 that I was supposed to read for uni and never got more than 10 pages into. (Maybe a bit more with Malcolm Bradbury, but I definitely didn't finish it!)

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.