New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bungston Schagg
Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: July 21, 2003 08:08PM

I used to eat chocolate spread and coleslaw sandwiches... I don't think I've ever tried peanut butter. I don't like the idea of it, somehow.

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: July 21, 2003 08:32PM

Having eaten the egg rolls prepared with far too much peanut butter by my father's second wife, I can tell you with some certainty that peanut butter flavored cabbage is not particularly appetizing.

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: July 21, 2003 09:17PM

I can definitely see the turn off to peanut butter flavored cabbage. I really do like peanut butter though, with chocolate and bananas - quite good.

Of course an old fashioned peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich works well too and is @#$%& when funds are short.

Posted by: Jo (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: July 21, 2003 09:24PM

I love peanut butter, but only if it is crunchy, not smooth. Although, I can't say I've eaten it with anything unusual, though.

I look forward to trying Will's stirfry idea - it sounds lovely, and I am always on the lookout for new recipies...

I drink to drown my sorrows. Unfortunately they've learnt how to swim.

Posted by: Rob (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 21, 2003 09:24PM

Dante: How can someone who's eaten chocolate spread and coleslaw sandwiches object to any foodstuff on the grounds of 'not fancying the idea somehow' ??

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: July 21, 2003 09:32PM

Jo - I prefer the smooth peanut butter myself. The smooth seems to go more with ice cream, everything gets all melty.

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: July 21, 2003 10:10PM

Rob: Well... the others are nice separately, you see, so I could risk putting them together... Not sure if this works for everything, but I did eat salt and vinegar hula hoops with salsa the other night, and that was nice too.

Maybe I'll try peanut butter. And rhubarb. And custard. (Hmm, I wonder why I have a dislike for rhubarb *and* custard? Odd...)

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.