New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cheese
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 01, 2003 02:55PM

Sounds like an open invitation for stencilling and days glued to morning TV shows about nifty rag rolling and all that. You have a canvas, not decoration! But I suppose you're not free to do much about it?

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: August 01, 2003 03:42PM

Skiffle - stick up posters and pictures - we have a white walled and ceiling living room but break up the monotony with pictures and bookcases. In fact, there's not a lot of white wall left to see!

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 02, 2003 11:39AM

I've got a few pictures up in different rooms. The hall has a nice mirror and I have various framed pictures of cats in the hall and up the stairwell. My bedroom walls have a couple of pics and photos, as well as a small dreamcatcher made from leather, sinew and feathers that a friend brought back from America - I believe it may actually have been made by a Native American ! (Mind you, it came from Arizona and has turquiose beads. I don't think dreamcatchers are featured in the beliefs of any Arizona tribes). More functional items decorating the bedroom wall are a 'Carry On' calendar, a telephone, a noticeboard and a large rectangle of muslin with my earrings displayed on it.

The living room is still a bit thin on decoration - I've put up a couple of pictures, but I've got more to go back up. Unfortunately, the glass of a very large clip frame got broken, so I've not idea when that'll go up.

I've decided that things like my X-wing models and a film reel will go in the games room. Oh, and I want to do a bit of repainting in the bathroom. And I've got to finish restocking the book shelves. And there's piles of papers that need sorting and filing. And must start growing some of that grass stuff for the cats. And must do something about the laundry monster. And must find the scanner power lead (sigh). And have to...........

Posted by: violentViolet on tour (---.stw.uni-duisburg.de)
Date: August 02, 2003 08:34PM

...when you're done with that, you'd be very welcome to sort, and file and paint etc. in my flat.

Date: August 03, 2003 04:22PM

ViVi: And exactly when would you want the work done by ? Before, ohhhh say 2010 I assume ?

Posted by: violentViolet (---.dip.t-dialin.net)
Date: August 03, 2003 04:32PM

hmm. before 2005 would be better, because I'll probably move then..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colourless green ideas sleep furiously.

(N. Chomsky 1957)

Date: August 03, 2003 04:54PM

Sorry, wouldn't like to make a promise I couldn't keep.

Date: August 03, 2003 04:56PM

Too bad. Anyone else interested in de-messíng my flat? I'd be forever grateful..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(N. Chomsky 1957)

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: August 04, 2003 12:53AM

Take a large bomb, Vi, set it to go off in the middle of your flat and run REALLY fast away from it.

Date: August 04, 2003 01:10AM

Bad idea, kaz, would probably destroy my books and my shoes. And I don't want to lose any of them.

(N. Chomsky 1957)

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: August 04, 2003 01:37AM

Ah,yes. Well, pack them away in bomb proof boxes first, THEN set off a large bomb....

Date: August 04, 2003 02:23AM

hmm, better idea, kaz. Would also help against somewhere already mentioned lunatic neighbour. Were can I order such boxes?

(N. Chomsky 1957)

Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: August 04, 2003 03:25AM

Try White House, Washington DC, United States of America.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 04, 2003 06:15PM

Mention you have some bearded bloke called Osama staying with you and they'll supply the bombs, too...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: August 04, 2003 09:11PM

PSD- Thanx for telling it to everyone. Can't you ever keep quiet?

(N. Chomsky 1957)

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 04, 2003 09:14PM

Well, my friend Saddam here didn't think you'd mind when I asked him...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.