New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: *tiptoes in*
Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 16, 2003 06:08PM

It was coined by me, by extension from the word "yucky", which is, of course, one of Klinsmann's nicknames.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 17, 2003 08:03PM

I found a *huuge* spider in the bathroom last night. I don't mind spiders too much, but this one was too large for me to be comfortable with. So I drew the cats' attention to it.

Diesel swiped at it, then carried it into the hall to play with. Skiffle was lying against the bottom of the stair, slightly stoned from some leftover catnip. Diesel patted the spider a few times, with Skiffle half-watching. The spider eventually started walking straight towards Skiffle. She stayed there, turning her head further and further to watch as it approached her side. When it finally touched her, Skiffle jumped up in surprise and batted it away. Would I say that Skiffle was dim sometimes ? Noooooo :)

For anyone who might be confused, Skiffle is the name of one of my cats, as well as my fforum name.

Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 17, 2003 08:05PM

V. cool Skiffle - proof positive that cats hallucinate (or think they do) ; )

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Date: August 17, 2003 08:54PM

25% of cats are totally indifferent to catnip. 100% of mine are. That doesn't half make buying cat toys difficult!

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Date: August 18, 2003 12:50AM

How long is it since you tried them with catnip, Sarah ? Many cats don't develop a taste for it until they are a least a year old. So if you tried them when they were young, and they weren't bothered, they might like it now.

Diesel started fairly young, but given the state of the man who owned her mother, and what he probably smoked, she may well have been 'inhaling' from a very young age.

Posted by: MissPrint (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 18, 2003 01:01AM

Oooooh spiders!

I like them usually, but last night we were watching a rubbishy horror film which had animatronic mechanical spiders and just as it finished a huge spider sprinted across the carpet. We both screamed like the big girlies we are, and I had to catch the spider in an ice cream carton to put it out, the usual youghurt pot being way to small to accommodate it.

I looked it up in my book of spiders, and discovered it to be a female cobweb spider. The book went on to state that this was the spider most commonly resposible for arachnophobia. "No sh*t!" said my daughter, which was most unladylike, but the sentiment was spot on.

Date: August 18, 2003 09:07AM

Skiffle: they were certainly all well over a year old last time I tried. Heidi is the only one who really plays with cat toys at all, and even then they have to be the right ones to suit Her Majesty and she has to be in the right mood. Minsky will investigate any cat toy that looks mechanical, but loses interest the moment he discovers that it needs a human to pull the string/he can't take it apart to find out how it works. Klinsmann gives me a filthy "What do you think I am, a kitten?" look, and Chomsky, in general, runs away and hides under the table.

Sarah

Date: August 19, 2003 01:24AM

Skiffle isn't usually keen on cat toys, but every now and again she has a moment of madness which is worth waiting for

Try to imagine a slightly portly black-and-white cat, who only hurries for food, suddenly leaping on a ball and dribbling it halfway across the room before sitting down and looking slightly astonished at herself. Skiffle also likes to pounce on a rope that's just sliding out of her view, but Diesel tends to join in, and Skiffle gives up. It's fun while it lasts though.

Posted by: SLIGHTCAP (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 19, 2003 03:58AM

When Paco was a kitten, he used to push the other cats away with his paws while he was eating THEIR food. He refused to eat the kitten food. I suppose he thought it was undignified.
He also used to convince my mom's cat to carry out his experiments so that he wouldn't get in trouble .
Now that i have an automatic cat box, he is trying to figure that out. And, if bookjumping were actually possible, he would be the one to do it.
He does keep me entertained though

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.