New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: doublerainbow.co.uk
Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: August 16, 2003 10:05AM

Doesn't sound to me like she's a big girl only in her jeans either ;-)

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: August 17, 2003 04:03AM

Gottit Intrigue. I think I'll have to write it out and send it in for the next WN, since they don't seem to have it on their web site, damn them!

Posted by: Intrigue (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 17, 2003 07:36AM

I could scan it.

---
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 17, 2003 04:05PM

Quickly, anyone in 40A should try a 38B with a back extender. Limitless choice in 38B, very little in 40A. This trick has worked again and again in so many different cases. 34AA customer, 32A + BE. 36AA, 34A + BE. 38A, 36B + BE.

36HH is quite practical, there is a reasonable choice of good bras in the Silhouette range, some quite attractive. No doubt there are other good products as well in 36HH, but I have no customer response in respect of them and therefore cannot reliably inform you. Certainly life being a 36HH without a good bra must be hell. Go to the wrong shop and you'll ge laughed at or a rubbish product - but it's worth looking for the right product before trying surgery. Just don't expect to find it in a chain store.

Right now we are selling a lot of gel bras, which is mysterious to us. I think the word must have got round.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 17, 2003 07:14PM

Surely the word is 'grease', not 'gel' ?

Date: August 17, 2003 08:27PM

???? A mixture of baby oil and water, lighter than alternatives, which are advertised as putting a cup size on you, but we think it's more like two. AA-DD, typically £19 to £25, matching thongs or briefs, in a range of colours; these change the way women feel about themselves, and we cannot be liable for men bowing down and worshipping you. AA or A, they will make your clothes fit as most clothes are cut for B+.

Date: August 17, 2003 08:31PM

I REGRET THAT -

Tuesday I'm going to a lingerie exhibition with Sarah. I've so much more I want to be doing at present than watching perfectly formed lingerie models wander around in very little. You go ten times, what's the big deal any more?

So this week I'll not be around much, I'll either be researching, being there, or going through the new material. Oh, or uploading the upgraded website, I hope later on ---

Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: August 17, 2003 11:01PM

<...going through the new material.>

I see. So WATCHING it doesn't do it for you any more, Dave, but closer inspection does?

Posted by: Nicky (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: August 18, 2003 12:17AM

I bet the first nine times were fun, though... :)

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 18, 2003 09:03AM

My thoughts on lingerie shows:

1. In a sense, once you've seen one, you've seen them all... but you do occasionally spot a new brand which is different and you know it's going to sell. That's generally a large part of my role at these things.

2. Amazing as it may seem, men really do get used to perfectly formed lingerie models wandering around in the latest frilly ensembles. Dave R is extremely professional at lingerie shows in almost all circumstances, though I must admit his jaw did drop slightly when one of the reps called a model over and said casually, "Sasha here is a 30G."

3. Most of the time is spent talking to reps, who are a varied bunch; you get everything from the incredibly girly girl who apparently went straight into repping from being a model, all the way to the oleaginous man who makes off-colour jokes and treats the poor models like cardboard cut-outs. Some of the conversations are quite interesting, others are so boring that you find yourself tapping your feet under the table.

4. It's best to avoid the actual parades if you want to see the items in detail and hear yourself think. They tend to play very loud pop music. I think a little Bach would be more tasteful - how about Air on the G String?

5. You are guaranteed to end up totally knickered.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Date: August 18, 2003 12:47PM

It's amazing what a difference it makes when you have to work out how you are going to make a living out of it all.

I really hate it when the models get ordered around. If a man can't be polite to a girl when she's wandering around in her (or your company's!) lingerie, it's too bad. I tend to rebel and ask the model what she thinks to make a point. Of course she isn't going to say anything negative, but it cuts the rep out and forces them to treat the model as human.

One of the models was a regular visitor to my shop (since sold to pay for ongoing developments). I used to call her 'Hurricane Ruth'. Even when fully clothed she had a way of projecting a kind of force wall about six feet in front of her, but if you haven't got that attitude you aren't going to handle being a lingerie model.

Ever since I first fell in love I have naturally discriminated between who I'm in love with and everyone else. I only get affected when I'm 'involved', but years in the trade don't seem to have blunted my feelings once I do.

in 'Nextarillion' books one and two there are two lingerie show, 'Knickers International' and 'Pants Paris'. Each of them contains a taint of reality, and a number of characters I know from real life. ;^)

Date: August 19, 2003 04:24PM

Sarah has been rather unwell overnight, so we didn't go in the end - oh well!

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: August 19, 2003 05:00PM

Poor Sarah, sorry to hear she's not feeling well. Get well quick dear!

Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 19, 2003 06:21PM

Poor old Sarah - you ok? Hope so : )

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Date: August 19, 2003 09:08PM

Much better now, thanks. I have managed to eat something, and all the signs are that it will stay eaten!

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Date: August 20, 2003 02:29AM

I've had a very simialr problem, along with 70% of the school kids in Hobart, as I've told everyone in the chat room.

Date: August 20, 2003 01:19PM

Ouch! Hope you're feeling better now.

Sarah

Date: August 21, 2003 01:11AM

Feeling better, but very washed out. I have problems with stomach bugs. They hit me very hard. Others recover within 24 hours, it takes me two or three days. Not fun.

Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 21, 2003 05:09PM

Poor Kaz, hope you're ok : )

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: August 21, 2003 05:10PM

:( Get better soon. PSD won't know how to cope without you!

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.