New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Calling all B7 fans!
Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 22, 2003 02:35PM

Skiffle recently mentioned on another thread that she and I are going to Barking (the person at the back who just said we were both completely Barking already is correct - thank you for your contribution, now shut up, all right?). She told you that the latest Kaldor City CD is being released, but there is also another detail which you may find even more interesting.

Alan Stevens and Fiona Moore, who have both been mentioned here a few times, have written a book called Liberation: The Unofficial and Unauthorised Guide to Blake's 7. I haven't seen an actual preview, but I can guarantee there will be things in it that even diehard fans didn't know about the series. It's being launched at this event, which will be on Saturday 20 September, and it will cost £9.99. Both the authors will be there signing copies, and so will Paul Darrow, Stephen Greif (Travis I) and David Jackson (Gan).

Anyone who wants to go, please e-mail me for precise details, which I should get out of Alan or Fiona by the end of Sunday. Anyone who can't get to it but would like a signed copy of the book, please also e-mail me and let me know what name or nickname you'd like written in it; I already have one order from someone who can't make the event. I'll have to add a charge for p&p, but I promise I'll keep the packing expenses as low as I can.

Addendum: I wouldn't usually puff a non-Fforde event here, but for a start Alan and Fiona are both very good friends of mine, and for another, I don't think Lycanthra would forgive me if I didn't!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Re: Calling all B7 fans!
Posted by: Auntysassy (---.webport.bt.net)
Date: August 22, 2003 08:52PM

Gosh - being launched on my birthday! I'd love a signed copy - either by name or just signed which ever is easier for you.

BTW - the last episode was broadcast on Dec 21 1981 - I know that because my sister was in labour and my mother was with her and she rang me 5 minutes from the end of the programme to tell me that everything was going well and I missed the end of the whole thing and didn't get to see it until it was repeated 18 months later!

PS - my sister gave birth at 1.20am the following morning to a beautiful girl - Leyna Louise - who is still beautiful!

Date: August 22, 2003 09:09PM

That was some ending to miss... but at least you did miss it for the best of reasons. :-)

I'll need your address so I can send the book on to you. Do e-mail and let me know.

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Date: August 22, 2003 09:12PM

Best address is work -

Nielsen BookScan
Woolmead House West
Bear Lane
Farnham GU9 7LG

Thanks Sarah - much appreciated and tell me where to send the money!

Date: August 22, 2003 09:16PM

Will e-mail you with my address. You're a Susan, aren't you? - or do you prefer Sue? Or Auntysassy, indeed? I'll also need your surname to address the package!

Sarah

Date: August 22, 2003 09:18PM

Not Sue! Definitely not Sue! Hate Sue! Refuse to answer to Sue!

Susan or auntysassy will be fine - but if you can only get a signed copy (not personalised) that's okay.

Oh, and Wakefield is the surname.

Date: August 22, 2003 09:28PM

Susan it is! Right, I've just e-mailed you with my address, and I've also got all your details down on my "little list" (not as sinister as Ko-Ko's - it just helps me keep organised). Consider your order now firmly booked! :-)

Sarah

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.