New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Book crime
Posted by: ABL at work (170.141.68.---)
Date: September 13, 2004 05:54PM

I once jumped out of a moving vehicle to avoid a daddy long legs crawling on me. I wasn't driving at the time. Good thing.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: September 13, 2004 07:03PM

Yes, I KNOW the bed here is quite grand...that's why there are stools placed on either side! LOL We tried it witout the bedframe and it just didn't feel right. It really needs to be suspended to get the right cush.

By the way, two of Jon's aunts are even smaller than Skiffle and we joke that they have to pole vault into the bed...

Insects for the most part don't freak me out, but we have crickets here that are of gargantuan proportions. And they don't like being stomped at and will chase you. The crickets we had back home were tiny and the grasshoppers large...just the opposite here...AND the crickets have attitude! EESH

Posted by: skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 13, 2004 07:25PM

AAC: how's your lovely, furry Crickett ? She's the sort I'd love to have in my house :)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: September 13, 2004 07:33PM

*That* Crickett is just fine...she's relieved now that the horde of relatives have finally left us after being here all summer. Although, towards the end she quit hissing at them as they'd walk by. Sometimes she'd even let them pet her!

Posted by: boffin (---.access.uk.tiscali.com)
Date: September 14, 2004 12:10AM

Although I don't mind insects, that's partly because we don't have any really inimical animals here in the UK, for which I am duly thankful.
There is a rather suspicious looking funnel-shaped spider web in the hall. I've not poked at it, in case a large beastie with corks dangling round it's hat leaps out.
Mind you, could be worse, might be a giant spider.

Posted by: Kettle of Fish (---.eburwd6.vic.optusnet.com.au)
Date: September 14, 2004 02:56AM

And you think YOU don't have any inimical animals...

============================================
The inimical is often more instructive than the benign.
So between screams, try to pay attention.
============================================

Posted by: MissPrint (---.range81-154.btcentralplus.com)
Date: September 14, 2004 08:19AM

Fear not, Boffin. It's only one of the Tegenaria family, common house spiders. If you poke the funnel web, you'll disturb a post-prandial spider, snoozing off its last meal. They're quite frisky, and like to scamper across the floor in search of a mate. This perilous journey is often frustrated by the domestic moggy which should pick on something nearer its own size, and leave the nice little spideys alone.

Posted by: splat at urp (213.38.32.---)
Date: September 14, 2004 02:14PM

Coo MissP you do know a lot of useful stuff...

Date: September 14, 2004 10:13PM

And a lot of useless stuff too.

Date: September 14, 2004 10:46PM

A-hah! But how do you [or anyone else] tell the difference? You might think that something you know is useless; someone else might find it really interesting or useful; and vice-versa, of course.

Date: September 14, 2004 11:08PM

Well quite, but I do sometimes wonder at the amount of nonsense sitting up in my brain, and wonder if the space could be more usefully employed.

So then, was my spider information useful or useless? Useful to the spider if you didn't go and crush his retreat I suppose. Btw, these are the spiders that leave the untidy cobwebs aound the walls and ceilings. Can you guess that I really like spiders?

Date: September 16, 2004 03:52AM

Never would have thought it 4 a moment, Miss P.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.