New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Christmas Competition RESULTS
Posted by: LeonardQuirm (---.adsl.entanet.co.uk)
Date: February 09, 2006 10:59PM

Typical. A while ago, I used to visit and post nearly every day, and I irritated a lot of people. A short while ago I started posting only occasionally and often amused people when I did. Now I go absent for a couple of weeks and win a competition.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who liked my entry and my apologies to anyone else whose prize I may have delayed - I've now sent my address to PSD so it's no longer my fault.

And yes, Martin, some of my answers were made up on the spot, including (I'm almost certain) the "boring cases" pun. Quite often that's the source of my best humour.

----

Well, because it is submersed in a marine environment, I've always called it the Going-Under-The-Water-Safely-Device.

Posted by: splat21 (82.210.246.---)
Date: February 10, 2006 02:16PM

Was v good Lennie (and now I've forgotten my bbc thingy password, dammit) congrats again!

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Posted by: Lovelornninja (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: February 10, 2006 08:21PM

OMG I was hanging my head in shame after my reckless posts in the xmas comp and decided to shut up for a while.
I came third ....Omg.....I would like to take this opportunity to thank..........................ouch! Someone just slapped me over the head with a restraining order......oh no its medication time...must go.......thankyou judges I love you all............Mwah!

There is only one inborn error, that is the notion we exist in order to be happy.
This arises from constantly deluded hope and so also dissatisfaction.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (61.68.170.---)
Date: February 11, 2006 11:37AM

Sounds like a contenstent on one of those pop-idol shows (Thankyou very much, Mr Cowell!)

Posted by: Lovelornninja (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: February 11, 2006 07:20PM

Sarchasm.........mwah!

There is only one inborn error, that is the notion we exist in order to be happy.
This arises from constantly deluded hope and so also dissatisfaction.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (61.68.163.---)
Date: February 12, 2006 09:55AM

Urgh. Scuse my terrible spelling. The word, of course, ought to have been contestant.

Or contribbly-wibble.

One of em.

Posted by: Haylo (---.no-dns-yet.ntli.net)
Date: February 12, 2006 04:29PM

I think the latter describes some of them...

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (61.68.162.---)
Date: February 13, 2006 11:47AM

Probably does. I'm glad to say the only episode I've seen is the second last of the last lot (my sisters, stepmother and dad are hopelessly addicted and didn't take to kindly to my running commentary) and there were, I admit, two rather good singers. Although only one had charisma. He lost, and the one who squarked like an annoyed hen won.

I wonder if everyone who voted felt they had wasted the $3.95 per minute (or however much these things cost) it cost them?

Posted by: kaz (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: February 13, 2006 11:34PM

Ever noticed how (at least with the Aussie Idols) it is the second place getter who actually gets on the charts more often than the winner. I could not name one song by the last Idol (was that Casey Donovan, or was she the one before? I don't even know).

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (61.68.164.---)
Date: February 14, 2006 11:43AM

Actually, it's all one person. The secret is lots of funny wigs and fake noses.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.