New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Knickers!
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: March 11, 2003 08:24PM

Remember the good old days of Why Don't You?, Waccadays and Fraggle Rock? Ah long sweet holidays of my youth....

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Mr Flibble (---.ex.ac.uk)
Date: March 12, 2003 12:49PM

Fraggle Rock rocks

also did love Stingray and Captain Scarlet - Captain Black was sooo cool

Posted by: Anonymous User (65.202.161.---)
Date: March 14, 2003 09:51PM

Blasted childhood in America. Never even heard of most of these program(me)s. Now I've nothing to add to a post entitled "Knickers!" Story of my life. Anyone know where I can get a tape of Smack the Pony?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2003 09:54PM

Hey, we had Fraggle Rock here in the US! I just remember it was set in a cave, they all had maribou feather hair and didn't some of them wear hard hats? But it might have been on cable tv, so I'm not sure EVERYONE would get it.

Posted by: skiffle (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 17, 2003 11:42PM

Bought the Guide to Cult Childen's Television last year, from bookshop in UK. Marvellous reference guide and useful for solving arguments (it was Hugh, Pugh etc). Always loved Trumpton, Chigley, Camberwick Green.

They were made in the mid/late Sixties and although most of the stories are in a delightful fantasy of English country life, one story is surprisingly pertinent today. The Farmer mass-produces his eggs but finds he can't sell them locally. The locals are buying their eggs from Windy Miller, who runs the windmill and keeps a few chickens. Windy's hens are free-ranging, so his eggs taste better. The Farmer manages to sell his eggs in town, as townfolk can't tell the difference, and it's a happy ending.
Draw your own conclusions....

You may need a mirror, though.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.