New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Buying books from US
Posted by: Bastet (169.207.58.---)
Date: March 06, 2003 07:19PM

My friend and I are attempting to order the books from the UK, however, amazon.co.uk keeps telling us that we're using an 'invalid postal code' and no one, not even the post office, seems to know what we're supposed to include in the code. Does anyone know what needs to be included in the code if ordering from the US? Thanks!

Re: Buying books from US
Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: March 06, 2003 08:56PM

Postal codes over here are quite different from American zip codes. I suggest that if you can't get the books you want from amazon.com, you should e-mail amazon.co.uk and explain your problem to them. They may be able to sort something out.

Good luck!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: March 06, 2003 09:14PM

You may have to set something saying what country you're buying from before setting the postal code? Just a guess.....

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 06, 2003 10:34PM

I've had no problem ordering from there...but if you want it a bit @#$%& for the exact same thing, try ordering from Amazon Canada...same books, @#$%& shipping AND they arrive faster! (Same books if you're looking for Ffordian lit, anyhow!)

Posted by: lefseboy (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 07, 2003 03:31AM

What I recommend is setting up an account for amazon.com (US) first. When I logged onto amazon.co.uk, my mailing address was passed over, and I had no problem at all when I ordered TN2.

I will check out Amazon Canada when TN3 comes out. Thanks for the tip AAC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.