New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Petrol Heads...
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 27, 2003 11:05PM

I can't drink out the cocktail glass when I'm holding it in my toes - I'm not that flexible. Although I'm getting more so - I just need a bit of time. I've learnt a new move for climbing that basically involves standing on your own hand after doing a press-up. I tried to use my chin as an extra lever, and this led to the unfortunate accident of trying to stick my foot in my ear. It was never going to happen.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 28, 2003 12:37AM

Bet you can't remove this sports bra with your toes. It's doesn't have hooks and frankly, I'm not sure I'd want you (or anyone) dragging it over my head with their toes

Date: April 28, 2003 01:08AM

You should know by now not to issue stupid challenges to me...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: April 28, 2003 08:51AM

And there the thread goes... it was going quite well so far... now is there a bleeding way to switch off the email replies?

Date: May 03, 2003 12:18AM

Great quote after Friday pre-qualifying:

"Question To David and Juan Pablo: how have you seen the new Ferrari?

Juan Pablo Montoya: Red, like always"

PSD

==========

Posted by: Carla (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 03, 2003 09:37AM

as long as they don't just see it from behind...

Date: May 03, 2003 12:12PM

Well, if Juan fails to improve on his place in Q1 then he doesn't have much chance of seeing it at all - until it laps him...

PSD

==========

Date: May 03, 2003 05:36PM

Here, for what it's worth, ar emy thoughts after qualifying:

1: The red shark - is this the best Ferrari ever? It looks good in the pictures, it has a kind of organic quality -almost like it evolved rather than came off a drawing board. The gills in the side pods are a nice touch. The paint job helps too. However it remains untested in race conditions, and we won't know about fuel loads for a while either, although the signs are good for the Tifosi.

2: Alonso - performance of the day? Renault seem to have the set-up perfected, and considering the engine they have they're working miracles.

3: Raikkonen - feeling the pressure? Too keen? Inexperience? Starting from the back of the grid will give him some serious work to do if he wants points. Coulthard didn't exactly set the world alight either - have McLaren screwed up the timing to introduce their new car?

4: Anybody else notice how the top teams are those that have a proper team of drivers. Those whose drivers are arguing seem to be underperforming. BAR are possibly the best example of this, and I get the impression that Ralf and Montoya aren't best of mates either. My hunch is that constantly looking at the other side of the garage to work out how to beat your team-mate, rather than being able to ask them what they're doing to find the extra tenths of a second, is costing those teams. badly.

And i know - this is scarily on topic, but I've got to be kind to Carla ;-)

PSD

==========

Posted by: Carla (---.zen.co.uk)
Date: May 04, 2003 12:23PM

thanks
:-)
i don't really ask much :)

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: May 04, 2003 11:11PM

Whee, go Schumie.

And i like Alfonso too.

I wonder if he's a vampire? (If you don't get this, read Family Bites by Lisa Williams. Immediately.)

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: Carla (---.zen.co.uk)
Date: May 04, 2003 11:21PM

ahem, his name is Alonso...

:-)

ahhhhrgh poor Coulthard! first he gets rammed into right in the beginning and then again!

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: May 04, 2003 11:26PM

Buggery... that's what you get when you watch the racing *while* reading the paper, paying more attention to the paper.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 05, 2003 12:56AM

I enjoyed the race, not least for seeing Minardi put up a creditable performance again. Also happy to see Ralph Firman getting into the points. I grew up in Norfolk, and I live in Sheffield. I now have both a Norfolk driver, and a Sheffield one to root for.
A good drive from Alonso; he kept Schumi honest.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.156ce.scvmaxonline.com.sg)
Date: May 05, 2003 06:09PM

I know what i am going to ask will just make u guys crinch .. anyway who cares?! :))

I am not much into the racing thingie but am just for goodlooks. LOL! So what is e name of the young guy (e one w e long hard to pronouce name?) who beat shumacker at one of e race?

Date: May 05, 2003 06:23PM

No idea - more clues needed.

I didn't get to see the race, as I was racing at Evesham Regatta. I now have a rather nice lidded pot to go with my collection.

PSD

==========

Date: May 05, 2003 06:35PM

oh gee... he modelled for mercedes benz?
(ok ok PSD i allow u to scream at me) LOL.. :D

Date: May 05, 2003 06:39PM

btw, wat do u do for a living PSD? u r so prompt in replying and u won e grammy for e random stats ... (am really impress tho ;) )
there is only one logical explanation ... u r glued to ur pc. heehee

Posted by: dante (---.kw.bbc.co.uk)
Date: May 06, 2003 09:07AM

chiriqui, it might have been raikonnen? not sure, he's quite cute though, won in Brazil I think. (somebody is sure to point out i'm entirely wrong in a minute.)

Date: May 06, 2003 11:37PM

Chiriqui - i'm a professional skiver, and I spend a fair amount of time on the net when I'm at home. It's a consequence of having no mates... (ironically I've hardly been on at all since you posted that)

Quite a few of the drivers would qualify as good looking, although they don't really do it for me.

[www.planet-f1.com]

has quick profiles of all the drivers, should you want to compare and contrast...

PSD

==========

Posted by: crazy_june (---.look.ca)
Date: May 07, 2003 03:37PM

professional skiver? As in spike? You are Spike? uh-oh...life imitates Nextian world, I see...

Post Edited (05-07-03 16:39)

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.