New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
And so to Bedford
Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: March 13, 2003 08:29PM

Just to say that Skiffle and I are going off to Bedford for the next three days for the Star One convention, which is to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the first broadcast of "Blake's 7". We both remember it, too - aren't we old? ;-)

We'll be back on Sunday night. Take good care, everyone!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Re: And so to Bedford
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: March 15, 2003 01:17PM

Nyahaha! The house is mine! The cats are in my power!

Whoops, got another one, must dash.

Posted by: Simon (193.82.99.---)
Date: March 15, 2003 03:42PM

Or maybe YOU are in THEIR power? :-)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2003 04:41PM

I think THAT is the more likely scenario....

(and we all know Minsky is plotting ways to wangle more Moggilicious from Dave at mealtime, not to mention whatever other goodies he can during Dave's own mealtime!)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: March 16, 2003 12:49PM

Oh no ! They're right !

Don't tell Minsky I've bought a house and can finally escape from his zone of control on, well, Thursday Next + 1.

Or does his patrol cover a one mile radius? I shall be watching for book jumping tabby cats that can talk from the safety of the specially prepared cat-proof zone.

Klinsmann says Hi.

Nextarillion 3 delayed by house. Insane cats to be in book but not house (oh I do hope so).

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: March 17, 2003 08:40PM

Hi folks, I'm back! I had a whale of a time, and anyone interested to know more can find out about it in my blog (www.blurty.com - my username is thursday_next).

The cats seem reasonably sane to me, though perhaps that's just because I am closer to them on the sanity scale than David is (take that however you choose). Wilfred, who also went to the convention and got to shake flippers with Gareth Thomas, says hic. (Not that Gareth Thomas has flippers, of course. You know what I mean...)

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: skiffle (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 17, 2003 10:44PM

Back from Bedford; some details of my experience posted on another thread. I'm back in Norfolk with aged parents so can use Dad's broadband connexion again. Dad is in the same room, channel flicking on satellite TV. It's leading to some odd results, as things overlap. Apparently, UN inspectors have just been ordered out of Switzerland...Sarah wrote:

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: March 18, 2003 12:35AM

Best slogan never used by a tourist office -

Holiday in Norfolk? Norfolk enchants.

Can't see why myself.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: skiffle (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 18, 2003 12:26PM

Norfolk enchants ?

Are you suggesting that the good folk of Norfolk stand around in circles, creating spells by the power of chanting ?

If they do, I bet they worship trees. The roads and fields are lined with fantastically old trees, smothered up the the branches in ivy. The trees show up against the huge sky in groups and singles, all waiting....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.