New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Nextians Unite !
Posted by: skiffle (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 20, 2003 12:46AM

I've been out of my flat and away from my friends in Sheffield for over five weeks, and I can't go home yet. I did get to see Sarah and Dave R for a few days but mostly I've been in Norfolk with the Aged Parents. Our beloved, insane fforum is the only thing that connects me with the outside world, and gives me people to laugh and share strange/silly/wonderful tales and experiences with. I'd have gone mad without you.

So I'm going to be the one to bite the bullet and say:

Let's meet up.

Sort of like a Con, but with only one guest star (J ff), as Thursday and the other Spec-Ops staff will probably be busy. We couldn't have a video room, as there aren't any, and there's not much merchandise for a dealer's room.
But lots of Nextians could get together for a couple of days, somewhere in the middle of England, and talk.

If enough of us want to stay in the same place, we might be able to organise some kind of discount, and book a room or two for meeting up. Of course, bars and pubs are good for meetings..

Go on, you know you want to.

Re: Nextians Unite !
Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: March 20, 2003 02:22AM

Well, I shan't be likely to make it to any get together, since I haven't the quid for the transatlantic flight. That being said....

There has been talk in the past of a congregation of Nextians to hear Jasper speak at the Swindon Literary Festival (yes, really). Jasper is apparently scheduled for Wednesday May 7th 2003, 8:45 PM.

More details here:
[www.jasperfforde.com]

My personal best bet for meeting Jasper is to drive down to Dayton, Ohio for his signing at a bookstore there (about 3.5 hour drive south of here).

Post Edited (03-20-03 14:54)

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Date: March 20, 2003 11:12AM

Wednesday ! Jasper should be talking on Thursday, surely ?

Not being fit for any sensible job, I don't have a problem with mid-week events but would have to stay overnight. Anyone want to share a twin room (pref. female) ?

Date: March 24, 2003 01:51PM

Getting impatient about WoLP, so looked up Jasper on Amazon.co.uk

Was somewhat surprised to find in list of 'People who bought books by this author also bought..'

'Ground Force Container Gardening'

Just what you'd expect really. Still, Amazon probably don't stock many 'how-to' guides on dodo cloning.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: March 25, 2003 12:11PM

So, anybody grown any containers? How do you get cuttings?

I want a variegated P&O 40' Crate, please.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.