New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Cat suite
Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: March 20, 2003 08:14PM

Just a group of short, sweet poems I wrote about my beloved moggies, at least one of whom you all knew quite well until the new design of the Fforum prevented him from posting in his own name:

My name is Minsky; you may call me Sir.
I am the ruler of this neighbourhood,
But nonetheless I'll condescend to purr
As long as you are very, very good.

My name it is Heidi,
I'm small, neat and tidy,
With eyes just like Jacqueline Pearce;
Because of my beauty
You'll think I'm a cutie,
But I can be _dreadfully_ fierce.

I'm Chomsky, and I'm very fond
Of other people's food,
But I don't eat it when they're looking,
'Cos it would be rude.

My name is Klinsmann.
I prefer to write haiku
just to be awkward.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Re: Cat suite
Posted by: skiffle (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 21, 2003 12:09AM

Good poems. Bit of a challenge to write a reply to, since writing poems takes more effort and talent than most of us can manage.

Phone call tonight from the nice people who are looking after my cats for me. It was to be for a fortnight, and will be more like six weeks. Oddly enough, Iain and Vikki don't seem to mind having them for longer. Mind you, Iain did say I might have to fight to get them back. It was nice being with Sarah's kitties for a few days, but I miss mine so much I cried last night.

I've bought Skiffle and Diesel two toys. One is a ball that drops treats when the cat rolls it around. The size of the hole can be adjusted, which seems sensible to me, as not all cat treats are the same size.
The other one is a sort of boxing toy. It has a heavy hemi-spherical base and a stuffed head attached to a long, springy neck. It's actually made as a dragon, with four stuffed feet sticking out from the base, a bent tail, lop-sided nostrils, and the most gormless expression you've ever seen. I think he's wonderful, and even if the cats don't play with him, I will. He's called Rhys.

Gosh, look at the time. Better go to bed.

Re: Cat suite
Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: March 21, 2003 08:11PM

What, even more gormless than Wilfred? Sounds wonderful...

I do hope you get to see your two little cuties again very soon.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.