New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
on-line book
Posted by: skiffle (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 22, 2003 10:42PM

As those following the rattlesnakes thread might have gathered, I am a writer. In fact there are nine westerns what I have had published in the UK, which puts me some way ahead of Jasper (smirk). And about four of them out in large-print too. Mind you, I bet Jasper got more in his advance for TEA than than I've earned for the whole lot over ten years. Robert Hale are nice people to work with, but not exactly generous. (Bloody miserly, in fact).

What this preamble is leading up to is that I also have a book for sale online at www.nospine.com

It's called 'Yellowfire' and is a sci-fi story about a women called Freyni, who is forced to learn how to cope with running a homestead out on the tundra after her husband is murdered. It is a time when animals are routinely altered by genetic engineering to adapt them to other planets, but any human 'mutants', natural or otherwise, are abhored. Freyni is threatened by a once-handsome killer, and aided by a six-fingered outlaw, Rivelin, whose mutation is natural. But the man who makes the most difference is one who appears normal but carries the secret of the biggest mutation of all. Pony is a powerful psi, and more of an outsider than the outlaw.

'Yellowfire' is available to download as a plain text file, a Word document or in Adobe PDF, for the bargain price of £4.35, or $6.97.
It is also available on CD-ROM.

You can take a look at it either on Nospine, or on my website:
www.gillian-f-taylor.co.uk

At least take a look. Please.
Pretty please.
Pretty please with cherries/strawberries/soft fruit of choice on top.

If anyone does buy one, I'll print out a copy of the title page, autograph it, and send it to you.
(Now there's a threat).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.