New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
W00t!
Posted by: xmorpheus (193.95.170.---)
Date: February 12, 2007 09:27AM

TV just improved!

Dresden Files starting on Sky on Wednesday and Bones is back on Thursday.

Just as well - I'm running low on books!

Re: W00t!
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: February 12, 2007 12:45PM

And ITV has produced something which might be worth watching - Primeval

Life on Mars on Tuesdays.

Yay.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Posted by: PrinzHilde (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: February 12, 2007 12:50PM

SkidMarks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Life on Mars on Tuesdays.
>
> Yay.

It's still running in the UK? Since it just started in Germany, how manny did they produce yet? (After four episodes I'd say it is worth a look.)

Design #3609494995:
It's a newly-discovered breed of fish that keeps your teeth clean, tastes delicious and dissolves in water.
generated with The Prior-Art-O-Matic

Posted by: LeonardQuirm (---.dur.ac.uk)
Date: February 12, 2007 01:00PM

First episode of series 2 of Life on Mars tomorrow. I guess it'll be eight episodes like the first series, but that could be wrong.

I heard something about other countries getting it first. That strikes me as extremely strange and - unless the other countries are involved in the production - somewhat 'wrong', seeing as it's a BBC production. That could just be me being prejudiced/jealous though.

Now to figure out how to get to a TV at 9 o'clock every Tuesday...there are some disadvantages to being at Uni.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: February 12, 2007 01:40PM

I think the Beeb said 8 episodes for series 2.
In an interview in SFX magazine, the writers said that is it. Two series only. Ever.
As it clashes with Battlestar Galactica, we will have to fight over which one to watch and which to record.

I am looking forward to "The Dresden Files" with some trepidation. I remember what they did to "Anonymous Rex" and hope that Harry gets a better deal.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Posted by: xmorpheus (193.95.170.---)
Date: February 12, 2007 02:01PM

Well they've made some changes alright - I've been over to Jim Butcher's site.

But apparently it was consultative and there's not much in the way of character altering changes - it's mainly visual.

The two lead females have swapped "looks" and Bob will be appearing in a slightly different guise (which is apparently due to the fact that they tried to go with the original look and it was really cheesy).

I guess we'll know more after the ep!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.