New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
long, pink, wobbly thing
Posted by: skiffle (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 25, 2003 05:25PM

Channel hopping before switching off telly and found Richard and Judy. Someone has invented a new lollipop that doesn't dribble or melt. R & J naturally test this claim by giving said lollies to 3 smallish, shy children, who prefer to watch themselves on the monitor, rather than looking at hosts and answering questions.

Richard remarks that lollies are rather like blancmange. Strawberry flavour is pink, wobby affair on stick, bent at end ! Small children sit holding long, wobbly pink, blancmange-like lollies looking faintly baffled. Richard is very carefully keeping a straight face....

Sometimes daytime TV has its moments.

Re: long, pink, wobbly thing
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: March 25, 2003 08:18PM

I wish everyone to know I am following Richard at this point, and saying absolutely nothing.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: March 25, 2003 09:44PM

Yes, but Ben, you always say nothing so _loudly_. ;-)

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: March 27, 2003 01:02PM

Sarah wrote:

> Yes, but Ben, you always say nothing so _loudly_. ;-)
>

Harsh.

Ultimately fair, but harsh.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: March 27, 2003 01:15PM

Just because I enjoy taking over threads for no apparent reason - has anybody else seen this?

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Looks like Mr ff is ahead of the scientific community once again.

PSD

==========

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2003 05:07PM

perhaps he's really a rogue member of the Chronoguard?

Posted by: dave (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: March 27, 2003 10:49PM

I must say I'm surprised that a post with a subject such as 'long pink wobbly thing' has only got 5 (now 6) replies. 'Knickers' did far better...

Anyone feel like doing a scorecard of number of posts per poster? Not had one of them for a while. My money's on PSD being in first place...

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: March 27, 2003 11:26PM

Okay, just using people who have posted to the knickers thread, as that seems to be most of us and I can't be bothered to spend hours looking through everything:

PSD:482
Jon: 274
Dave: 239
Twila: 140
Sarah: 130
Magda: 119
Simon: 114
Rob: 97
Sarah B: 71
Carla: 71
Adam: 54
Fuzz: 43
Jo: 31
Dave Rainbow: 22
Vanessa: 15
Luzze: 7
Bartelby: 4
Katie: 2
CatOutforFun: 2

Guess I'm less anal for having a reduced total... (anybody not on the list is because I either couldn't find them (Bea), or they only have a mailto: rather than a profile (casts meaningful glare at Ook)

PSD

==========

Date: March 27, 2003 11:58PM

Sulking now, 'cos I'm not on psd's list. If I haven't got a profile, it might be because I'm still joining in from Dad's computer, not mine, and I can't remember my password to log on properly. Or I might have misunderstood all this techinkal stuff.

Date: March 28, 2003 11:28AM

Should still be able to click on 'my profile', surely? If you want to you can count them up and I'll add them in, but I'm not going to search through all those threads just to keep you happy...

I have better things to do, like , er, work. Hmm, got any idea which threads you're most likely to be in?

PSD

==========

Date: March 28, 2003 02:12PM

I don't have 'my profile'. don't know if it's because I'm not actually logged in. My password is written on a bit of paper somewhere in my flat in Sheffield. So long as I can at least add posts, I've not bothered to ask to be reminded.

As to which threads, most of them is the short answer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.