New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
First among sequels delivered prematurely?
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: July 01, 2007 07:36PM

Last Wednesday, the latest Thursday Next appeared at my doorstep (pre-ordered via amazon.de) and I finished it this afternoon. Then I wanted to check out the special features at this website and discovered, it isn't published yet.
Does anyone else has a copy yet or am I the only one?

Re: First among sequels delivered prematurely?
Date: July 01, 2007 07:38PM

If anyone else has a copy already: Does your have any footnotes in it? In my copy, they seem to be missing, although they are indicated in the text and some blank space is left at the bottom of the page.

Posted by: picard1109 (---.glfd.cable.ntl.com)
Date: July 01, 2007 08:44PM

I ordered mine via play.com and received a notification today that it's been posted, so I should get it on Tuesday.

Osbern: your copy must be fitted with a faulty footnoterphone. Suggest sending it back and getting a new one.

Posted by: delacuesta (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date: July 01, 2007 10:00PM

It was on sale in the Netherlands, at least in the shop I visited last Thursday (28 June).

Delacuesta.

Date: July 01, 2007 10:29PM

Thanks for your response.
Still a bit strange though, that it should be delivered before the official publishing date.
By the way: The ending strongly suggest, there might be another sequel!!!

Posted by: MuseSusan (12.168.240.---)
Date: July 02, 2007 12:26AM

Josie has also received hers early. It seems Amazon is shipping them as soon as they get them, regardless of the publishing date. But hey, that's great!

But be careful--no spoilers please!

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (---.static.dsl.dodo.com.au)
Date: July 02, 2007 03:40AM

osbern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> By the way: The ending strongly suggest, there
> might be another sequel!!!

If it didn't, Jasper would have to go into hiding for the rest of his life!

Posted by: PrinzHilde (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: July 02, 2007 01:15PM

(or to put it more matter-of-factly: he is under contract to write three more books...)

On Friday, I tried to order it at a german bookshop. Let's see how long it will take this way.

Date: July 02, 2007 04:17PM

Good point. If I were a writer, I would definately be more afraid of the publisher than the rabid fans.

Posted by: Barefoot Andy (195.188.86.---)
Date: July 02, 2007 04:37PM

BK, have you not read Misery?

Am I the only person here with an isolated hideout where I can keep Jasper barely alive to make him write the next Next?

I am?

I mean, not that own a secret hideout, manacles and typewriter especially, that would be silly.

Wouldn't it?

Date: July 02, 2007 04:58PM

Lol, I haven't, but as I know it's by the lovely Mr King, it sounds like we are still on the same page, regardless.

Posted by: Tari (66.195.210.---)
Date: July 02, 2007 06:30PM

I would think that the title, First Among Sequels, would be a dead giveaway that there are more sequels to come. You don't really have to make it to the last page... :) Just a thought. I just ordered mine (British version) the day before yesterday, we'll see how soon it makes it across the pond.

Posted by: Zambezi_Bushbaby (---.madagascar.yoafrica.com)
Date: July 02, 2007 07:54PM

Hmmm.... will get round to organising a copy at some stage... I do think the title says something about sequels though and I sure hope there will be lots to come.

----------

"I've always believed that it would be up to the young people to save the Endangered Wildlife for the future." - George Adamson.

Posted by: ibborobb (194.203.72.---)
Date: July 03, 2007 11:28AM

I don't know if any of the UK fforumites saw the Times a couple of Saturdays ago - there was quite a nice interview with JF - complete with a photo of Jasper in a Forest Gump pose! Link to article : [entertainment.timesonline.co.uk]

There is definitely more than a hint that there will be further books in the series - Yay!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2007 11:29AM by ibborobb.

Posted by: nemades (---.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk)
Date: July 03, 2007 11:22PM

Aww that was lovely! I enjoyed reading that, thanks for the link!
I had to have a chuckle to my self the other day when I went to ring a door bell (incidently it was not the house I was looking for as the required occupant had moved - very inconvenient) anyway, the door bell was a Friedland, I was chirpy for the rest of the night thinking about it Chiming!

Posted by: RookeeAlding (68.208.65.---)
Date: July 03, 2007 11:35PM

I'm state side, and I Pre-ordered from walmart....I've got an Ok past with them delivering stuff... in the past ,My DVD's got here early but my books got here a day late.

I've pre-ordered both First among sequels and the last harry potter, and according to my pre-orders one book should arrive a week or so before the other...which one comes first? no idea. guess I'll be surprized.

I would kinda love it if First Among Sequels got delivered before it should to my door! I have a hugh family trip that would be perfect for reading it on. ( though I'll likely have it read by the next moring, who needs sleep? I've got a book!)

*************************4044845****************

by the way...I've been convicted of Gramatical Homicide, and charged 18 years to life, so don't bother telling me about all the spelling mistakes. It's already on my record.

Posted by: PrinzHilde (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: July 04, 2007 11:57AM

It just got here - delivered through a Thalia bookshop in Berlin. And it has the broken footnoterphone.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.106.---)
Date: July 04, 2007 01:40PM

well, in three hundred years, that will be worth a fortune then!

Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: July 04, 2007 05:16PM

Exactly!

Posted by: RookeeAlding (---.hsd1.sc.comcast.net)
Date: July 04, 2007 05:56PM

I wonder if the US version will have any classic misprint issues that will be worth getting it.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.