New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Yours Goodbye
Posted by: Anonymous User (78.86.7.---)
Date: July 05, 2007 12:32AM

You welcomed-much me to your ffforum,
My Postings – you didn’t ignore ‘em,
And I thank you for sending
Me manymost ending:
My pages will now never bore’em.

And manymuch months I have waited,
My Fffordian breathings all baited,
But I’ll silence all scorn
For my book will be born
And you, fffriends, all helped me create it.

I’ve learned much - now see my words flow,
Which means it is time now to go
To Swindon for birth,
Of a tome of much worth
Called the Great Samuel Pepys Fffiasco!

My dears, you have helped me yes to make a book of gloryness. When you hear what I have made you will have weepdrip eyes and skyplane flutterhearts. And I humblemuch have you to be thanked for this. Without you I would never had been able to give birth to this book. Without you I would have away withered, Without you I would not be Niebla but nothing. Just mist.

If you lovemuch Niebla like Niebla love muches you, please join to him in Swindon Town on the 7th July for the Birth of his book, The Great Samuel Pepys Fffiasco. He will start at 1pm at New Bridge Square at SN1 1EA, in the nearyes to the railway station.

For thankings I have madeyes you a gift: [www.youtube.com]

Until Saturday.

YG

Niebla

PS: If you want to hear words that will make you alive
Come join me for beer drinks within the beehive.
I’ll be there, my dears, at around about five.

Re: Yours Goodbye
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: July 05, 2007 07:14AM

Alas and alack that mrs. SkidMarks and I will not be able to join you in this celebration. We will, however, be there in spirit. At 5.05 we will raise a glass (mine vodka, hers whiskey) and if we are tall enough to reach the raised glasses, will drink to your health.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2007 07:42AM by SkidMarks.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (58.163.131.---)
Date: July 06, 2007 03:10AM

We'll miss you around here. Good luck!

(I often wonder who's side I'm on...)

Date: July 06, 2007 09:48AM

Yours, BK, as always!

Posted by: picard1109 (---.lambeth.gov.uk)
Date: July 06, 2007 12:36PM

I shall be in Swindon, Niebla, with my bestmost man-friend, Billy-boy.

Will there be pie?

Posted by: Lycanthra Pod (---.dsl.pipex.com)
Date: July 06, 2007 07:06PM

I'll be there too, looking forward to seeing you all Saturday

Posted by: nemades (---.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk)
Date: July 06, 2007 10:14PM

I would love to be there, but sadly we are moving furniature from one house, over 2 meters and up a dodgy plank into the new house so I will not be able to make it. Instead I will think of you all having a fab time together and wish you all the very best! Hopefully I will be able to make the Edinburgh thing, if not then I should be able to make Glasgow. Hope everyone is enjoying the book!

:D

Posted by: Tari (66.195.211.---)
Date: July 06, 2007 10:36PM

Hope everyone who's going has an amazing time. I think it's only fair for the weebles who make it to let us all know what went on at this shindig with Mr. Ffforde. I will be most curious to know what is going on at his book release. :)

Posted by: picard1109 (---.glfd.cable.ntl.com)
Date: July 07, 2007 09:11AM

will do, Tari

Date: July 07, 2007 06:36PM

Well now, that was a very interesting day.

It started with approaching complete strangers in the middle of Swindon to find out if they were there for the book launch, luckily I picked the right people and was pleasantly suprised to meet another long standing member of the Phorum Sarah B *waves at Sarah* and hello to everyone else, I enjoyed meeting you all.

About 20 of us turned up to be briefed with a mission to hang around phoneboxes until someone rang and gave clues.

In the middle of the day we all trooped to Waterstones to get our books signed by the wonderful Mr Fforde, Mr Ffforde was not in sight.

Then we all ended up in a pub, now that is my idea of spending time, but I'm not sure anyone will believe me when I tell them what I did.

A special thank you to June Haversham and Amy Greenford for arranging it.

Here's to next year.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.range86-156.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 07, 2007 09:26PM

It was lovely meeting all of you (some who vaguely recognised me from the Ffestival, to my surprise). Hope to see you again at future Ffordian events!

Date: July 08, 2007 09:52AM

Welcome myf!

I wish that mrs. SkidMarks and I could have met you in person, but, barring accidents we will be at the Ffestival.

In the meantime, have some pie. Some in the front, different to the rear.

Posted by: picard1109 (---.glfd.cable.ntl.com)
Date: July 08, 2007 11:54AM

Yes, it was an interesting afternoon, if somewhat bizarre. But bizarre is what one must expect from anything Ffordian.

I got to meet SarahB and Pineapple - and, of course, Niebla, who was behind it all with Amy, June and others. Great to meet you all!

My other 'alf was most bemused by it (never having read a JFf book) but tagged along anyway. At Waterstone's, I'd tried to shortcut the process by nabbing Jasper on his way in, thinking that there was a single clue he'd give us, so that we could continue the quest. I don't think he'd been briefed yet and didn't know what the hell I was talking about when I handed him a playing card and said "featherboa". Anyway, he said it wouldn't be fair to do anything before the official start time, so we all queued up, which was just as well, as the clue was in many parts.

Anyway, after walking across Swindon to pick up a clue, then standing for nearly an hour waiting to present the clue to Jasper, I confess that we'd had enough and needed beer and pie. So, while SarahB et al went off to continue the good works, Bill and I enjoyed a cold beer and Thai (as there was no pie).

We walked up to the Beehive pub to see what was going on. Jasper, Mari and Millie (their very patient, lovely pooch) joined the throng. Other 'alf used to work with Jasper during his variable career in the film industry, so they caught up with who's doing what.

We got back to the car, to find a parking ticket on it. Obviously the work of the fake Ffforde before he was consigned to text.

Big thanks to Niebla et al for organising it all - it was a huge amount of work and jolly fun.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.plus.com)
Date: July 08, 2007 03:38PM

If anyone has photos from any part of this thing, please feel free to add them to the Flickr group I set up, which you will find at [www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2007 03:42PM by myf.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.bodley.ox.ac.uk)
Date: July 09, 2007 12:36PM

Hello everyone, I didn't know where best to introduce myself on the site, but it's me (Emma) the blonde one with glasses! It was great to meet some of you on Saturday, although I agree that it was bizarre!

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.107.---)
Date: July 09, 2007 01:02PM

Welcome to the mess!

Have a slice of whatever you like best, a dram of whatever likes you best and let the inevitable flood of hullos and pie wash over you until the screams go away. :)

Posted by: picard1109 (---.lambeth.gov.uk)
Date: July 09, 2007 02:09PM

Myf: I'll throw my photos up on the site when I have a few minutes.

Welcome gifu - pop over to the Intros Again thread and tell us a bit about yourself. If you thought Saturday was bizarre, hang around the Fforum - you'll learn what bizarre really is!

The drinks trolley has arrived and there's plenty of pie. I didn't eat it all, honest.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.nhs.uk)
Date: July 09, 2007 03:07PM

Oh good! The photo group's looking a little sad at the moment, as I think mine are the only ones there. Hopefully some of the other people can be coerced into adding to it.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.107.---)
Date: July 09, 2007 03:18PM

I think I'm going to miss Niebla, I must say!

Date: July 09, 2007 05:56PM

Hello Emma/Gifu I'm glad I did't frighten you off with my ramblings, welcome aboard. I hope there is tea on the trolley.

Picard1109 you are in the background of the picture in the Swindon Advertiser behind Lucy.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.