New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Why I wasn't here much at the end of last week or the weekend.
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: March 31, 2003 07:23PM

Tequila comes from cacti. Damn nice it is too.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: skiffle (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 31, 2003 07:48PM

I suspect my friend, Adam may have a different opinion on tequila, owing to events of New Year Party circa late 90's. A shot every hour, starting from roughly 9.00pm onwards. Then there was the booze to fill the rest of the hour....

And we don't buy Southern Comfort for Hugh any more. One of the most spectacular collapses I've ever seen. Once he slid off his chair, he was hustled outside to be sick, and was still draped over the garden wall when I left at 4.00am. He had to be prompted to remember my name, but managed all three syllables very well, we thought.

Posted by: Simon (193.82.99.---)
Date: April 02, 2003 05:54PM

Different people, different reactions _ It takes more of Southern Comfort than it does of alternative drinks that are supposedly the same strength to cause me problems: I attribute this to the orange juice that it inherently contains...

"Some days I diet, other days they serve lasagne."

Posted by: skiffle (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: April 02, 2003 08:13PM

My trouble was the two glasses of elderberry cordial/white wine spritzer, followed by cocktail tasting session. Several people sprawled on V. large bed, taking sips of whatever was being handed around. Cocktail meister ran out of proper ingredients after a while and just substituted whatever seemed good.

I did walk home on my own two feet, and with a man on each arm. I'm still convinced I would have found my way home on my own, but it would have taken a lot longer, and there would have been more zig-zagging involved.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.