New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Jasper in Raleigh, NC
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 05, 2007 02:56PM

Went to my first Ffordian event. Jasper was way funnier in person than I would have imagined, and Mari was equally as entertaining (as the flight attendant demonstrating proper reading proceedures). Got all my hardcovers signed and Jasper and Mari were ever so gracious while meeting people. (Jasper signed, Mari stamped.) Made a six hour round trip, and after, I decided it would have been worth a twelve hour round trip to see jasper and mari in person. Can't wait until he tours for the next book! (I took a couple pics, but not sure how to post them on here.)

Re: Jasper in Raleigh, NC
Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: August 05, 2007 06:54PM

Hooray, I'm not the only one who made a six-hour trip to see Jasper! (Of course, I made a day of it, going down in the morning and spending most of the day at the Museum of Natural History.) And yes, Mari was excellent demonstrating the reading safety instructions!

Posted by: RookeeAlding (---.hsd1.sc.comcast.net)
Date: August 06, 2007 01:27AM

OH, soooo close...just one state above me! Oi if I could only have grown wings and flown. since I just bought a computer, I didn't have enough to make a trip...(even if I did I am directionally challenged. I would have gotten lost.

Oh well, maybe one day.

Posted by: Mooxico (---.240.239.123.Dial1.Phoenix1.Level3.net)
Date: August 06, 2007 04:30PM

I'm glad to see that others made long journeys to see them. I did, too, from Santa Fe to Denver.
It was completely worth it! They were kind, funny, and altogether wonderful.

Posted by: Arisia (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 07, 2007 11:42AM

And I was in downtown Boston on July 27th! Argh! It wouldn't have taken much to get from where I was to Boylston Street!

---------------
Arisia - New England's largest and most diverse speculative fiction convention
A rockin' and readin' good time in Boston every January!
www.arisia.org

My webhome away from home: gallifreybase.com/forum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.