New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Hamlet 2
Posted by: BibwitHart (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: October 23, 2008 09:39PM

I did see Hamlet in a nutshell. A 60 minute version performed by honours yeat students, it was interesting.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (---.ispone.net.au)
Date: October 24, 2008 05:21AM

Did they speak very VERY fast?

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: October 24, 2008 05:59AM

The TV interview version of "Hamlet: the Smoking Years" - "Hamlet: I Did Not Inhale"

Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: October 27, 2008 04:39AM

Ophelia: The Dark Side of the Farce.*

reviewed by Polonius: "...a pain in the arras."

Date: October 27, 2008 06:35AM

In reply to your question earlier, no. They merely had five Hamlets and cut out so many scenes I didn't know which was Hamlet, at which time and what was happening.
Also four of Hamlet were females. That made it slightly opaque...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2008 06:35AM by BibwitHart.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.105.---)
Date: October 28, 2008 03:14PM

Sounds brilliant!

Date: October 29, 2008 05:44AM

'Hamlet in a nutshell' ....... my mind has conjured up an image of a verbal Klein bottle wherein Hamlet contains the phrase that '....I could be contained in a nutshell and still think myself a king of infinite space....' (from memory - allow for entropic degradation) and that nut shell then contains all of the play 'Hamlet, Prince of Denmark'.

Now a good conspiracy theorist should be able to come up with some tale that Shakespeare was an alien and his plays are really guides for visiting aliens to familiarise themselves with earth as it was in order to enslave us. They probably have come, takes a good look, and decided it wasn't worth the trouble, reaching this decision about midway through Julius Caesar - hence 'ved, vidi, forget it'

It also predicts, if read properly, that Elvis would appear and lead the multitudes and at the critical moment, would disappear and create a new mass movement (apart from Elvis himself) which would grow and the true believers would live forever and rock on in whatever afterlife they chose.

Please add to this if I omitted anything relevant.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.104.---)
Date: October 29, 2008 11:57AM

The real purpose of those little plastic 'pizza tables' that get stuck in your takeaway box (I really hope they are sterile before they get stuck in our food).

Date: October 29, 2008 11:59AM

Indeed!

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: October 31, 2008 11:56AM

Once upon a time, I worked a leading Pizza Chain, and I can assure you that we were very careful to avoid touching ready to eat food with our bare hands. All very nice and hygenic, but the tables (lid supports) were fair game for bare hands. Just like all those people that take your money in their gloved hand, and then you back to making sandwiches with that hand.

All together now - EUH!

Hamlet 2
Posted by: zendao42 (---.bhm.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 02, 2008 11:30AM

*reaches for the hand sanitizer*

Signature or shameless self-promotion?
You decide:

[www.myspace.com]

Date: November 03, 2008 10:27AM

We use those little War of the Worlds tri-legged things up side down. They make very handy Taco shell holders and it allows you to fill them up and reach for the next ingredient without the taco falling over and all the contents falling out.

We still have about a dozen saved from ten years ago when they were more readily available.

Posted by: Hunchback (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: January 24, 2009 05:15PM

I think the plot will be tons of cussing and a stupid stage director makes up a play about a time machine that allows there to be a sequel to Shakespeare's play.

Unfortunately, the Chronoguard has set my message to not appear until 24 January MMIX, so you will probaby think I waited till I saw a trailer to post this.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.106.---)
Date: January 27, 2009 11:47AM

You know, I went and saw it on monday, and it was EXACTLY like that!

Date: January 31, 2009 05:27AM

Hamlet 27: Life in the ashtray.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (58.163.128.---)
Date: February 04, 2009 02:45PM

But me no butts?

Hamlet 2
Posted by: zendao42 (---.bhm.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 08, 2009 03:26AM

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm waiting for GREEN EGGS & HAMLET...

Date: February 09, 2009 10:07AM

I like a salad meal: hamlettuceandmayoonwholemeal.

Posted by: Lymond (---.nsab.se)
Date: July 11, 2009 12:34PM

apologies if this is the wrong place or its already been listed. Here is a showing of hamlet at my local theatre:

Hamlet
September 22nd 2009 - September 26th 2009
SHAKESPEARE
Directed by Tim Carroll (Shakespeare’s Globe & RSC).

This version of Hamlet will be entirely determined by the audience! Moments before the beginning, the audience chooses which actor plays which part. The only props used in the performance are the objects the audience has brought along with them.

ALL AUDIENCE MEMBERS SHOULD BRING AN OBJECT OF THEIR CHOOSING TO BE INVOLVED IN THE PRODUCTION. (We don’t know what will happen so take no responsibility for damaged props!)

Time: 7.30pm (2.00pm on Thu 24)

Performance Location: Main Stage

Tickets: £10 - £15, Students & u25s £5, concessions available, FREE to holders of YTR Free Pass

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.253-202-105.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: July 11, 2009 01:21PM

What a pity I can't go and see it!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.