New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Silence
Posted by: Simon (193.82.99.---)
Date: April 12, 2003 12:45PM

Child-proof/accident-proof caps to jars & bottles can also be rather annoying even if one's wrists do work more-or-less OK... Putting tops that can only be opened if one pushes downwards quite strongly onto bottles made out of thin plastic, that tend to collapse & split (spilling their contents which, in the most recent case of this happening to me were about half a pint of a timber preservative called 'Teak Oil' that one is supposed to avoid spilling onto either bare skin or _ because of the fire hazard that it poses _ fabrics) under downwards pressure is a REALLY STUPID piece of design!

"Some days I diet, other days they serve lasagne."

Re: Silence
Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: April 12, 2003 07:03PM

That reminds me of a quote from my late and much lamented friend Andy (who was six foot three and had a black belt in something nasty):

"If it doesn't work, force it. If it then breaks, it was going to anyway."

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.