New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
What's next for Jasper?
Posted by: nettie63 (89.241.174.---)
Date: November 03, 2007 08:50PM

Hi I know I'm probably being lazy asking you guy and not digging myself, but has anyone heard whispers about what Jasper might be feeding us next and, when its likely to be due - July as per do you think?

Re: What's next for Jasper?
Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: November 04, 2007 03:25AM

I'm pretty sure it's July, and I think the sequence will be The Last Great Tortoise Race, then One of Our Thursdays Is Missing (or whatever the title turns out to be), and he mentioned working on a book that's not part of either series.

Date: November 04, 2007 09:49AM

Ooh does that mean we get two next year? Or is the Thursday novel scheduled for 2009? Don't think I can wait that long...

Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: November 05, 2007 02:17AM

Agrees with nettie63.

Those of us who have acquired the wisdom of the years are also aware that their personal 'use by' dates are closer.

I remember when the Silmarillion was about to be published. I was wandering around with a headful of injuries and a partially functioning mind and body and hoping I would make it to publication date. Fortunately being in London at the time I was able to get a prepublication hardback copy on the condition I took it with me back to Oz immediately, which I did. I don't think it was worth the worry, unfortunately.

It is stressful to appreciate that when one becomes hooked on the writings of authors who are less advanced in years that there may be books written of which we may never know. Admittedly the same applies to the Bard of Avon for there may yet still be a new play hidden away somewhere that may come to light.

I want a stasis machine that will allow me to come back every 20 years or so for a six months stay so I can read the works published in the preceding 20 years without wearing out my present body. 20 years should be enough to space out the time but still allow me to understand the society into which I have moved forward.

Posted by: OC Not (---.238.61.41.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: November 06, 2007 05:54PM

I thought I read somewhere that Jasper said 'A book a year for 10 years?' I hope that holds up. And gets an increase. Assuming my eyes don't fail I'd like to get a new Fforde every year for the rest of my life. A very merry unbirthday indeed!

Date: November 06, 2007 11:32PM

Unbirthday? did I miss something or am I just being blonde?

Date: November 07, 2007 12:26AM

Nah I just meant that whatever day the book came out it would be an unbirthday present...one per year...

Posted by: nemades (---.range86-149.btcentralplus.com)
Date: November 07, 2007 09:59PM

Unless of course it came out on your birthday in which case it would be a birthday present! However as my birthday is in April I am probably only ever going to get Ffordes for my unbirthday!!!

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.rivernet.com.au)
Date: November 08, 2007 04:56AM

I got my The Eyre affair for my 18th! I too am an Aprilian.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 08, 2007 02:56PM

Make a wish list on Amazon - then you get books on your birthday every year, though unfortunately they can't all be Jaspers. I'm lucky, I'm only on the 4th Thursday book and have the whole of the Nursery Crimes series to read - yippee. It's like having a massive box of chocolates in the cupboard that all turn out to have my favourite centres even though I've never tasted anything like them in my life!

Louise

Posted by: robert (61.88.131.---)
Date: November 08, 2007 11:05PM

Welcome to the forum, by the way, treleavenl. There used to be some biscuits, cakes and deep fried mars bars somewhere around here (on a shelf, last time they were mentioned I think),so help yourself to them. Someone will be around shortly with the tea, coffee and lemonade.

Now, about that 'massive box of chocolates'... which cupboard did you say?

Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: November 09, 2007 01:59AM

Also welcome to the fforums trelevenl.

There's also pie floaters somewhere which robert forgot to mention.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 09, 2007 10:49AM

Thanks - I'd love a deep fried mars bar please, never tried one before.

As for the massive box of chocolates - do you think I haven't set traps around it to ensnare the unwary? But if you want to risk losing a hand, go ahead, start looking.

I'm not an aggressive person really, only when it comes to chocolate.

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.its.monash.edu.au)
Date: November 12, 2007 04:47AM

I hide chocolate from my bf, he would it it all in one go otherwise!
I think of ingenious hiding places like in my bookshelf

Date: November 16, 2007 12:45AM

The last of the Halloween candy is now gone. <sniff!>

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: November 17, 2007 10:16AM

We still have some! We are possibly going to save it for next year........

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (---.ispone.net.au)
Date: November 17, 2007 03:10PM

lol, that's right... Keep it to give to the kiddies next year. Nothing like stale marshmallows- Trick or treat?

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: November 17, 2007 03:16PM

Marshmallows? The Parkin! That will get them everytime.

Before you ask

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.