New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: New Year memories
Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: March 04, 2008 01:24AM

No, because we'd have to wait until we FINISH our hundredth year, and that would be when we turn 100.

Re: New Year memories
Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: March 04, 2008 10:26AM

Our friends in China assert that at the time of birth a person is actually 1, as they have spent all that unmeasured time in confinement.

This would support the assertion that a person is a centenerian at 99 as well as any other time in western time measurement.

Perhaps we should just count the moons and forget all this new fangled solar calendar stuff.

But as quantum rules, the randomness effects and the effects of bad chocolate (or at least less excellent chocolate) makes it all very subjective anyway, as by one count I was/am a 10 month baby, but another medical analysis of my condition when I was born I was longer than 10 months, and my wife is still asking after quarter of a century when I am going to grow up and be adult, and if they had performed the abortion that was recommended (but then cancelled as it may have killed my mother) I would have been a minus 4 and a half months baby.

Not that this proves anything, or even relevant. I am suffering SOL and that's that.

But the Buddhists say we are in a great circle wherein we live our mortal lives and then die and go out into the darkness to come back again in a situation befitting our behaviour in the previous existence. This renders the concept of a zero starting point irrelevant, and who is going to argue with a big grey irrelevant, especially in the mating season?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2008 11:30PM by bunyip.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.