New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
100 % Emu oil
Posted by: BibwitHart (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: March 27, 2008 11:08AM

I just discovered emus are oily. You can by oil of emu in big bottles! Perhaps they are just a variety of feathered olive.
How does one gain oil from an emu?

Re: 100 % Emu oil
Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: March 27, 2008 12:55PM

It's a complicated process.
1> Raise the emu on a diet of pasta and mediterranean food up until the age of 2.
2> Exercise is important. In order to promote oiliness the emu must be trained to fall off a cedar log each morning at 1030.
3> The emu's shed feathers should be collected daily and stored at 3 degrees celsius for five days with two oranges, a tin bucket, and a clone of Rolf Harris.
4> At this point emu oil should begin accumulating in the bucket.

NB Pregnant emus cannot be used for oil production.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.105.---)
Date: March 27, 2008 01:31PM

A great big press...

:P

Posted by: robert (61.88.131.---)
Date: March 28, 2008 04:06AM

What's Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry made of then?

(No answers containing ooh-err! or phhwor! will be permitted.)

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.106.---)
Date: March 28, 2008 04:52AM

What about "Whoops, Mrs Miggins?"

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: March 28, 2008 07:57AM

What about "Oo, me plums!" ??

Date: March 28, 2008 09:35AM

Having thoughts of Hudson Hawk right now...

Posted by: 198505 (---.cable.ubr04.pres.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: March 28, 2008 10:53AM

Okay I'll bite, where's the conncetion?

Date: March 28, 2008 10:58AM

Well, 'Hudson Hawk' was a turkey not an emu, so the connection must be something else. What connects HH with plums?

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (58.163.129.---)
Date: March 28, 2008 01:14PM

OI!

Never knock my Hartigan!

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: March 28, 2008 01:34PM

"plums" are a Tony Martin reference to testicles (on "Eat Your Peas"). The first reference that I know of were in a Martin Molloy mock UK comedy sketch, very much in the "carry on" spirit, where at least one character was suffering some form of injury. Saying that I would rather suffer injury there rather than watch HH again would be a bit of a stretch! Maybe it's something to do with "Bristol Cream".

Date: March 28, 2008 03:07PM

'Hartigan'? Oi vey.

Date: March 29, 2008 07:06AM

Oh, there's a scene in Hudson Hawk where he had a shopping list for cat-burgling the Vatican and one of the CIA candy bars says something like " olive oil, one hundred stamps.... and Harvey's Bristol Cream..... Man this is going to be some date!"

Posted by: 198505 (---.cable.ubr04.pres.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: March 29, 2008 01:45PM

Been to long since I watched it, but that sounds like it was the coloured woman.

Date: March 29, 2008 11:06PM

Almond Joy, it was.

I can never understand why it isn't a more popular movie

Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: March 30, 2008 05:15AM

reverting for a moment to the original entry:

Does it come in 'Extra virgin' as does olive oyl?

And what the hell would you want with emu oil for?

They are like turkeys, only stupider and bigger. I have rebuilt fences knocked down by the moronic b*ggers often as they are too stupid to go back through the original holes they made in the fence.

Their only saving grace is that they are not camels which are bigger, more moronic and smell worse a couple of days after being shot on a hot summer day. Camels can destroy fencing faster than you can blink. Some where around the family is a set of photographs taken in sequence over a period of three minutes (through as telescopic lens) where a camel destroyed about two hundred yards of cattle/horse/dog proof fencing up in the Kimberleys. The last two photographs show the b*stard cartwheeling through the fence after being shot with a 303.

It took most of a day for the station staff to repair the damage and it was critical as it was near an experimental plot in the pre Ord River assessment.

I am extremely glad we don't have elephants, rhinos, and hippos here, although some of the people I have seen lately are rapidly approaching the ugly American sizes, but they are not endemic in pastoral country.

Date: March 30, 2008 08:38AM

Oh I don't know, I quite like seeing them running around in paddocks in Pakenham type areas! Sadly don't really know any emus personally.

As to your question, I was selling it to a man like in a carton of milk, and as much volume. He drinks it.... go figure
Assume is cold pressed, though cannot say if it was a virgin.

Apparently it is anti-inflamm/type thing.

Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: March 31, 2008 02:45AM

From my earlier post I get quite inflamed by the stupid things. Especially as they run across the roads at night starting just as you get near them.

goes of $#^#@$#*^%(&^%*&(*&)+(*_)(+_+_(*&^$$#@#&$*&)(*_)+(+)(*&)(&^$&$#^%(*&*(& TO THE LOT OF THEM!!!!!

Posted by: splat21 (195.33.121.---)
Date: March 31, 2008 03:20PM

BibwithHart wrote: I just discovered emus are oily. You can by oil of emu in big bottles! Perhaps they are just a variety of feathered olive.
How does one gain oil from an emu?

Squeeze it, of course.

If you want it cold pressed, put it in the freezer, then squeeze it. Hard.

Posted by: robert (61.88.131.---)
Date: March 31, 2008 11:23PM

Perhaps you don't get it from emus, you rub it on the emus to help them slide through fences rather than knock them down; like baby oil (except that babies slide through fences quite easily without oiling or can be thrown over them effortlessly).

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.