New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Doctor Who - Davies stepping down...
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.pool.einsundeins.de)
Date: June 09, 2008 10:11PM

The German synchronisation of Doctor Who is incredibly bad (as usual), so I just watched a bit from one of the first episodes of series one and considered the monsters cheaply done and Billie Piper annoying (no offence to any fans).
Then yesterday, I saw an episode from series two...and David Tennant is just so cute *blushes*.
So now I can only hope that one day the English DVD boxes will become @#$%& on amazon.de...they are now about 91EUR each...
I love Coupling, so Doctor Who must be brilliant if Moffat is involved.

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: June 10, 2008 10:35AM

Billie "fish lips" Piper..

Date: June 10, 2008 11:27AM

*lol*
And she plays Sally Lockhart from the Pullman-novels as well, right? I'm afraid she'll ruin them for me.

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: June 11, 2008 08:24AM

What? The character from The Amber Spyglass and The Subtle knife? Thought she would be too young.

Or have I misremembered or have no idea what book you are talking about..

Date: June 11, 2008 09:31AM

No, the Sally Lockhart novels, another series Pullman wrote (I have no idea how successful it was). It's about a young woman who solves crimes connected to her life (which, btw, sounds like a decidedly overused plot in television). The novels are called "The Ruby in the Smoke", "The Tiger in the Well", "The Tin Princess", and I have forgotten the second title. They're quite nice - not brilliant, but nice. And apparently Billie Piper plays Sally in the films. *fantasizes about a Doctor Who cameo*

Posted by: SkidMarks (92.40.95.---)
Date: June 11, 2008 10:54AM

Josie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> So now I can only hope that one day the English
> DVD boxes will become @#$%& on amazon.de...they
> are now about 91EUR each...

Try the UK Amazon here With the strength of the Euro against the pound you can make quite a saving!

Date: June 11, 2008 12:30PM

Thanks, that could be an option...I found out that apparently I can rent something called "Doctor Who David Tennant Series Two electronic resource" from my university library - I'll try and see what happens. Would be really cool if it would actually be the DVD set *clings to that dream*!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.