New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
A proposal
Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: May 23, 2008 09:34AM

I, the person fakely known as Egon, do hereby propose that we devise a sequence of events to indirectly improve the health of the species. I shall begin with my own suggestion:

World Stand On One Leg Day
- Intended to promote better balance in the human race.

Egon.

Re: A proposal
Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: May 23, 2008 02:20PM

<inserts tongue in cheek>

I am aiming for a greater goal! In a bid to slow global warming, I call for one day when everyone leaves their fridge doors open.

</removes tongue>

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: May 23, 2008 05:37PM

CannibalRabbit, why not join me in my campaign to stop global warming by driving around with the windows and sun-roof open and the air-con set to lowest temp?

Posted by: MartinB (---.cache.ru.ac.za)
Date: May 23, 2008 06:35PM

I suggest the the human race attach blinkers to all politicians. This will mean that they stop lying and we can vote for them in good conscience.

- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.253-197-6.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: May 24, 2008 09:32AM

SkidMarks, of course we would need the biggest cars we could find. The airconditioning would be way more powerful in a Rolls Royce or a Maybach then in a Fiesta. What an amazing idea, can you run for Presidente of the USA?

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: May 24, 2008 12:51PM

I think all the shops in Melbourne had that idea years ago. By having open front doors and aircon on the highest setting, thus cooling the city..

Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: May 26, 2008 05:09AM

Perhaps in the interests of equality, and for those with only one leg, 'World Stand on one leg day' should be an even numbered day, and about six months later on an odd numbered day there should be a world 'Stand on the other leg' day.

Or would this cause an aggravation of the instability of the earth in its orbital passage and thus aggravate the green house effect and possibly bring the production of Neighbours to an end?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2008 05:09AM by bunyip.

Date: May 26, 2008 05:51AM

We could also seek to have 'walking backwards holding our gas stoves over our heads' included in the Olympic Games. This should do wonders to aid world peace and harmony.

Date: May 26, 2008 10:45AM

National Bad Haircut Day : Intended to diminish the human concern with incredibly superficial good looks. I like it!

'Stand on the other leg day' is good too although I'd consider alternating legs through the original event. Worthy of consideration, I think.

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.253-205-213.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: May 26, 2008 11:17AM

There is something we can do to stop the production of Neighbour? I'm all for it, what about Home and Away?

National Bad Haircut Day 2: Revenge of the Mullet!

Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.sns.nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: May 26, 2008 07:49PM

---Interlude

Oooh, a mullet. That brings back memories of a very embarrassing moment in Danny Wallace's 'Yes Man'.

---End

Posted by: robert (61.88.131.---)
Date: May 28, 2008 06:36AM

How about "laughter day"? Everyone could, at a given moment, stop what they're doing and laugh for 30 seconds then go back to what they were doing and say,"Well, thank God that's over for another year."

Avoiding pointing and laughing AT other people might need some reinforcing before the event, to prevent "fisticuff day" intruding upon the gaeity of the occasion.

Date: May 28, 2008 11:04AM

What about Existential Day? Where we all stop and do the inter-connectedness pixelly thing and realise we are all a part of one big blanket.

Posted by: PirateXxEsque (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: May 28, 2008 11:31AM

Maybe we could have PirateXxEsque day, where I am allowed to rule over everything for a day?

I have no doubts of my (way cool) ruling capabilities.

Or maybe a Cheese Amnesty Week/Day?

Date: May 29, 2008 01:50AM

How about a world 'Fart free' day to assist with reducing greenhouse gas effects and thus saving the planet for future destruction of Neighbours and Home and Away, not to mention Canal Road and Underbelly.

Date: May 29, 2008 09:30AM

'International ear waggling day' - designed to identify people with aberrant genes for 'processing'.

Date: May 29, 2008 09:54AM

Oooo! I can wiggle my ears, together or separately (though they do remain attached to my head). I can even do paradiddles (a drum beat). Yes, I have wasted some of my life on that ^_^

Date: May 29, 2008 10:29AM

<We've got one! Dive dive dive!>

Date: June 01, 2008 04:13AM

International Leaping day.

On which at local noon siderial time everybody jumps up and down for three minutes.

This should create a big psychic wave which will travel around the world and all who participate will feel at one with the entire human race.

[That it might create a big tidal wave as all that energy reaches the west coast of the Americas is of little concern. Those terrorists and others who are against the common people will probably try to set up an international standing still day where people stand still for three minutes at local siderial noon to act as a damper.

Posted by: OC Not (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: June 01, 2008 10:30AM

The west coast can take anything you throw at it. I am actually standing on one leg right now while typing...and oops! there goes another rubber tree...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.