New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
A request - sorry, contains spoiler for Doctor Who
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.rz.uni-wuerzburg.de)
Date: June 30, 2008 09:05AM

Please, could anyone who intends to watch the last episode of series 4 of Doctor Who on Saturday post here (right after it's finished!) if there's an eleventh doctor, meaning that Tennant is resigning? I just can't wait until someone has updated the websites or wikipedia...
Thanks!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2008 01:40PM by Josie.

Re: A request
Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: June 30, 2008 09:09AM

Perilously close to being a spoiler!

There are some mad theories out there about the finale on t'Internet. Dopiest is that the deranged <insert senior villain/monster> here is actually captain Jack in his far far far future.

Oh, what fun.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.40.182.163.sub.mbb.three.co.uk)
Date: June 30, 2008 10:44AM

Well as the trailer shows Davros......................

....and Captain Jack is the Face of Bo................

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.104.---)
Date: June 30, 2008 01:12PM

DAVROS????

Meep! MEEEEEEEEP!

Date: June 30, 2008 01:14PM

I didn't necessarily mean Davros. There's at least one other utterly crackers senior villain/monster out there.

Meep meep!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.pool.einsundeins.de)
Date: June 30, 2008 01:39PM

Ooops...well, it's not a REAL spoiler, I mean the POSSIBILITY of an eleventh doctor coming is there for every single episode, right? *winks*
Now, would anybody post what happens next Saturday...or better, e-mail me?

Re: A request - sorry, contains spoiler for Doctor Who
Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.104.---)
Date: June 30, 2008 02:04PM

have you seen the aussie Dr Who forums?
[z7.invisionfree.com]

Date: June 30, 2008 02:15PM

I have now..but that's not exactly the newest news they're talking about, right? As Series 4 is only about to start there...*hides in case she has offended Kitten who for all she knows might be an admin of the site*
There is a fairly good German forum on Doctor Who as well (they're posting the trailers and videos, which is great), but as I remember from the Ffiesta how many of you are watching it, I thought I might ask here first.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.40.87.68.sub.mbb.three.co.uk)
Date: June 30, 2008 02:27PM

I can send a private message after we have seen the episode, but that is likely to be sometime on Sunday. send me a message with how much/little info you want.

Posted by: Haylo (---.range86-142.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 30, 2008 04:35PM

--------------SPOILER-----------------

I think they're just teasing. If you watch the episode closely they made a point of only zapping one side of his body- I think only one of his hearts has died.....

----------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2008 04:38PM by Haylo.

Date: June 30, 2008 05:22PM

@ SkidMarks: Thank you so much, I've send you a message.
@ Haylo: I think/hope so too.

Posted by: HouseInTheWoods (---.136.125.91.rb6.adsl.brightview.com)
Date: June 30, 2008 05:29PM

Haylo, I noticed that too. I wonder if we'll see Jenny in the final episode.

Posted by: 198505 (---.cable.ubr04.pres.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: June 30, 2008 05:39PM

Okay lets look at the facts Queen Elizabeth the First has a major grudge with the doctor who looks like Tennent. Doctor River Tam, sorry Song has a 'thing' with the doctor and he looks like Tennet as well.

Add to this the fact Tennet has said he's back in 2010, and the only reason next year is down to 4 specials is that he's signed up to do a theater when Who normally film, and thats why this is happening.

Lets also not forget Tom Bakers Doctor doing a partial regeneration at one point,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blood! Death! War! Rumpy pumpy! Triumph!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2008 05:39PM by 198505.

Date: June 30, 2008 05:59PM

Also: It seems impossible that nobody, really nobody (and think how many people must be involved in the production of Doctor Who) told the press the tiniest detail about a new doctor - and then all the fuss about Tennant's gap year, would they really make such an effort to explain that and then say that they were kidding?

Posted by: robcraine (---.mcb.net)
Date: June 30, 2008 11:06PM

I can beleive that they could have kept the regeneration a secret (I read somewhere that Billie Piper made a comment about lieing to the press, but I think that was about which episodes she was appearing in.)

But... I agree with 198505 that there are too many loose ends.

Personally, I think we've been seeing an awful lot of that severed hand recently, so somehow that will save the day.

------
That statement is either so deep it would take a lifetime to fully comprehend every particle of its meaning, or it is a load of absolute tosh. Which is it, I wonder?
Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Posted by: Jazz_Sue (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: July 01, 2008 03:14AM

Well, my eldest kid is pretty adamant David Tennant is all set to be in this year's Christmas episode - he has 'inside knowledge' that scenes have already been shot, and the Cybermen are involved. I'd give him credibility, as he's a regular Friday - he's got the grunts and everything.

If the Doc HAS been regenerated then the Christmas one could be a carefully contrived plot to give Sylvester McCoy et al some much needed spending money - an episode called 'The (insert number here) Doctors', or something.

Maybe Rose wakes up, and the past 3 series have all been a dream? It's as credible as anything else that's happened recently.

My own theory? Being zapped by the Dalek's X-Ray gun didn't kill him outright, did it? So what would happen to the regeneration process if the Doctor is ALMOST killed by something that should have been lethal, but wasn't? I'd say there's a temporal version of the Krypton factor here - like Captain Jack, maybe he can't be killed any more, so regenerates back into himselfI knowI'llgetmycoat.

Posted by: HouseInTheWoods (---.136.125.91.rb6.adsl.brightview.com)
Date: July 01, 2008 08:31AM

My work colleague has speculated that the entire series 4 has been played out in an alternate universe. I didn't quite follow some of his explanation, but this point is worth noting: "When Donna originally turned left, that was a conscious decision. When she turned left at the end of episode 11, it was because there had been a fatal accident to the right, and she didn't want to get caught up in the traffic. Thus, she wasn't following the original time line, but a completely new one."

The disadvantage of being on maternity leave is having these conversations by e-mail rather than face-to-face for an inappropriate length of time at work.

Date: July 01, 2008 08:51AM

Hmm. I'm not sure if I buy into the whole alternate universe idea. Donna's definitely the key though, but in what way? Also, the Key might be the key.

I would love to see some past Doctors in that finale though. It's almost certainly a bodged regeneration but in what sense?

Egon.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.107.---)
Date: July 01, 2008 01:22PM

"If the Doc HAS been regenerated then the Christmas one could be a carefully contrived plot to give Sylvester McCoy et al some much needed spending money - an episode called 'The (insert number here) Doctors', or something. "

Surely they wont have run out of ideas already and start pinching from the old Whos?
Is the new series as Earth-centric as the last lot? I wanna see alien worlds dammit!

Date: July 01, 2008 01:33PM

Come now, aren't you aware that alien worlds are expensive? Also, fewer people tend to be interested in stories not on Earth. It's a sad but true fact.

Russell T. Davies loves to pinch - sorry, I mean 'pay homage' - to ideas from the old series so I wouldn't rule out a bunch of previous Doctors turning up. Personally, I'd like to see the Tardis control room brightened up a little, and maybe a few of the other spaces inside there as well.

Who can imagine what kinds of cool stuff are hanging around in the confines of the Tardis? It's a pretty big place, after all.

Egon.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.