New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Smells fishy
Posted by: 198505 (---.cable.ubr04.pres.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: July 04, 2008 04:05PM

Going through my inbox the other day and I'd got this message, anyone else get this offer?

This is a personal message sent to you and should be treated as such and i am very sorry about my manners of approach ,As you read this,I know you will be surprised to read from me, but please consider this as a request from me personally but also I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday.

My name is Nurat Najaf a merchant in Dubai,in the U.A.E. I worked with Kuwait oil Company and also eight years as a contractor.I have been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer .It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live,according to medical experts. I have not particularly lived my life so well, as i never really cared for anyone(not even myself) but my business.Though I was very rich, I was never generous,I was always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as i now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life a different way from how I have lived it.

Now that God has called me, I have willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as a few close friends.So, I have decided to give alms to charity organizations,as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far,I have distributed money to some charity organizations in the U.A.E,Algeria and Malaysia.Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore.

I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization in Bulgaria and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves.Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what i have left for them. The only person I would have trusted to do this with is my lawyer but he is a very busy man as he is occupied with other official tasks, thus he would not have the time to assist me with this mission as i want to see this done before my death. The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of eighteen million dollars $8,000,000,00 that I have with a finance/Security Company .

I will want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatch it to charity organizations. I dont want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly manner. Hence the reason for taking this bold decision. I am not afraid of death hence i know where i am going.I know that i am going to be in the bossom of the creator .I do not need any telephone communication in this regard due to my deteriorating health and because of the presence of relatives around me.I do not want them to know about his development has i do not trust them anymore, as they seems not to be contended with what i have left for them.

I have set aside 20% for you and for your time.Upon your reply i shall also issue to you a email with Authority on it that would enable you contact my lawyer . Please always be prayerful all through your life. Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for a non-governmental, or a non religious, and or a non profit organization or better still an individual for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act just as I have stated herein.I shall give you more details once you reply this mail .Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards...
Nurat Najaf .

Re: Smells fishy
Posted by: Lymond (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 04, 2008 09:40PM

Fluffy
Lagos Cat Pound,
Nigeria

Dear Friend,

I am Fluffy, the favourite kitten of the late president of Nigeria. As you know my late master was very very rich man and he left me all his tuna. But, as kitten, I not allowed to have fridge of my own.

My good friend, there are many many fishes and without more fridges tuna go bad. I eat as many as I can but I small kitten and much sick. So I write you, my very good friend, as your name well known in Nigeria as godly person with many fridges.

If you help store my tuna I give you 20% (TWENTY AMERICAN PER CENTS) of each fish - including heads.

Please be writing back soon. Weather hot and there are many bad cats looking with the eyes at my fishes.

Your good friend,

Fluffy

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: July 05, 2008 10:18AM

Anyone remember that episode of The Chaser's War on Everything? Where Chas/z or one of the others (can't quite remember if if was Chris) actually wrote back to one of those dodgy email and professed ardent love for the supposed African woman.

Posted by: Jazz_Sue (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: July 05, 2008 07:32PM

I orang-utan. I have very sad tail also. this not good because orang-utans are not supposed to have tails and mine is a very long one. do you have any more long tails, and if so could you send them to me as i would like all my orang-utan friends to have tails like mine and like yours. i feel god blesses those with long tails and you are indeed blessed as you have long tail and also much rich paper bedding, much like our god the bearded one (he who looks after us all with a big hat.) he like you sends his bedding to charity especially charity apesnotmword but not as much bedding as you (hardly enough to sleep on himself he says, though matress is thick) perhaps if you no more tails you send bedding instead like to other charities yes no? then we can both sleep on rich bed and share tails together. maybe bananas too i know you not paid in peanuts so maybe like to be givenbananas instead. bearded one said compared to you he is paid in peanuts but i think it was a joke he is always looking for new jokes. I also like jokes and you come here uncalled for - i think you are a joke which is why you send mails like that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2008 07:34PM by Jazz_Sue.

Posted by: MartinB (---.cache.isnet.net)
Date: July 05, 2008 08:37PM

*snigger*

Good ones. Have seen the Fluffy one before though.

- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: July 06, 2008 12:40AM

I've only had the Nigerian one a couple of times, but I keep getting emails saying I have been selected by some draw of Microsoft clients, and also another saying I am a winner in some British national lottery.

Straight to the junk file, but they keep getting through.

Anyone else get these?

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (58.163.128.---)
Date: July 09, 2008 05:26PM

tempting to start scammer baiting, isn't it?

PS, fluffy was a close personal friend of mine, and if you email me all your bank details, I can vouch that you will indeed get all those fish heads in the mail...

Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: July 11, 2008 05:11AM

BK:

Bank: Dogger

Account: Noah

This account will not accept snapper, but whiting and other small white fish can be accomodated.

****Edited coz I'm too stupid to read the post before I submit it. Could be because I'm a male Scorpio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2008 05:12AM by bunyip.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.