New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Last Night's Do
Posted by: Auntysassy (---.webport.bt.net)
Date: July 01, 2003 07:50AM

Well, we crowded into the back of the King's Head near the Angel - the pub part was quite big but the tiny wee theatre bit at the back was very ....well.....tiny. I suppose there were around 50-60 people crammed in - Carla and I got front seats (a bench actually) as true groupies should, although why Carla would want to sit with someone who looked like she'd stepped straight out of the worst fashion shoot of 1985 (circa) I'll never know! But my SpecOps badge looked good.

Jasper came on, we clapped, he talked, we laughed, he talked a bit more, we continued to laugh, he read, he went off on tangents, we laughed, we asked questions, he answered, he went off on tangents, we laughed and clapped - basically that's how it went.

An excellent talker - very enthusisatic and extremely amusing. That's Jasper I'm on about of course.

I think Foyles did good trade last night - there was a very long queue for signings. Goes without saying I was first and got my book signed to 'Aunty Sassy.' There was recognition (or panic - couldn't decide which) in his eyes when I introduced myself. He had these really cunning stamps for the books - mine was stamped that it was a Grammasite Zero-Tolerance Zone. Brilliant!

You're all in for a great evening wherever you go to see him on his tour if last night is anything to go by.

Carla and I quite liked the fact that we were the only ones from the Forum (that we knew of) there last night - made it a bit exclusive. Poor thing was in the middle of packing to move but still made it - good luck today Carla - though I doubt you'll have time to find your computer never mind read the Forum!

And no, Jasper doesn't know who Big Martin is either!

Re: Last Night's Do
Posted by: AlisonS (195.217.253.---)
Date: July 01, 2003 11:09AM

I was there too - very funny - good laugh. I'm new to the forum though so I don't really qualify, though I've been a fan of the books for ages.

What I wondered was this: in the chat the plot of an earlier (as yet unpublished) book came up which had Dorian Grey as a car salesman - question is when the picture in the boot of the car he's sold you finally gets written off, does the shiny pristine car you're driving vanish with you in it into the crusher, do you suddenly find yourself wheelfree, screeching down the M9 with only your clothes between you and terminal dermabrasion, or does the picture of a crushed wreck stay in the boot while you tootle off into the sunset? I should have asked, but didn't quite have the bottle...

Just wanted to say how good the talk was actually, and thanks to Jasper.

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: July 01, 2003 11:41AM

Hi Alison and welcome!

A good question which strangely enought occured to me on the train home. You should have asked - you still could - send him an email!

Date: July 01, 2003 12:03PM

Hi

Thanks. Nice to be welcomed!

Think I will actually - I'll let you know what he says...

A

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 01, 2003 07:02PM

OOOOOH Green-eyed with jealousy! (and genetics it turns out!)

Sounds like you had lots of fun. And yup, Jasper is a brilliant speaker and YES, he does love to fly off on tangents, doesn't he? LOL

Did you get a chance to meet Mari? She's a sweetie.

Oh by the way, HI AlisonS...welcome to the nuthouse!

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 02, 2003 01:16AM

Hello Alison, welcome to the fforum - find yourself a comfy chair and disseminate as many random thoughts as you like...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: July 02, 2003 10:05AM

Yes - Mari was wearing a rather fetching fuchia pink blouse, straight out of Cordelia's wardrobe! She was wielding the rather cunning stamps!

Date: July 02, 2003 11:51AM

Thanks guys, kind of you... random thoughts? Yep, think I can do that...

Oh was that Mari? Yep she looked nice - cool that she's so involved too.

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: July 02, 2003 01:47PM

Hi Alison.
Where were you sitting?

AuntySassy was the Cordelia dress-a-like in that fetchng green and I was the other one (what was i wearing?) that took some photos when Jasper was signing Susan's stuff

Date: July 03, 2003 10:46AM

Hi Carla

Yes, I remember seeing you, I think - I think it was you, I mean! I was at the 2nd table from the back by the right hand wall, blonde hair, short red fleece jacket and grey trousers (came from work!). Fairly close to the head of the signing queue...

Date: July 03, 2003 11:17AM

So you remember Carla but not me?? Damn - will have to make the costume more memorable next time!! :-)

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: July 03, 2003 11:57AM

It was probably a collective you...
I doubt anyone would forget that green!

Posted by: AlisonS (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 04, 2003 10:32PM

Yep it deffy was a collective you - I saw all of you and have imprinted in my retinal screensaver (as colourful as the fish!)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.