New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: And another thing...
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 10, 2003 10:23PM

I suspect it's also a joke. He suggested it as a working title for Whatever Next too....

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 10, 2003 11:28PM

PSD, yup, I got it, sorry I didn't respond. I've been pretty ill these last couple of days. Feeling dreadful, really. Should be working on WN as we speak, but just can't work up the energy... And yup, Jasper emailed me asking who had wordsmithed Apocolypse Next as a name for the newsletter, but neither Jon nor I could remember and it wasn't in the old posts. He wanted to give credit where credit is due.

Milo, yup, that's the current working title, as I understand it! (almost sounds like a Robert Rankin title, doesn't it! LOL)

Simon, that's okay, it was never specifically mentioned that he was gonna keep it mum...I was just gonna try to get it slipped into WN as some insider info. He just beat us to it, that's all!

Date: July 10, 2003 11:34PM

I'm pretty sure that Mr Ff was the first person to mention it, actually - at least in reference to WN. Glad you got it, hope you're feeling better - and if you need anything else writing let me know and I'll try banging something out (although best if you give me an idea or I'll struggle!)

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: July 11, 2003 06:28AM

It had actually occurred to me after reading LIAGB that the fact that Landen existed only in Thursday's memory, and the fact that Aornis could muck about with memories was a rather dangerous combination. I'd actually have been somewhat disappointed if Jasper hadn't gone somewhere with that line of possibility.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Ultimatum...
Posted by: Milo (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 11, 2003 09:44PM

If he calls it "Apocalypse Next" I'm not buying it! The first three titles have a certain class about them, but that ... ugh! It's tacky!

Date: July 12, 2003 12:53AM

I would still buy it if it came with the title 'Personal Hygiene Problems: A Self-Help Guide'...

PSD

==========

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: July 12, 2003 04:09AM

Likewise. I would, however, probably make a bookcover of some sort before reading it in public.

Posted by: Milo (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 15, 2003 11:46PM

Fair enough. But together with the slightly negative feelings I had about WOLP, if TN#4 (can't bring myself to say those words) is called that awful title, then the authorial style has probably decreased to a level where I don't really want to be reading it anymore. Robert @#$%& started off well as well, and look where he is now (book number what? 10?)

I think "Personal Hygiene Problems: A Self-Help Guide" would be somewhat wittier actually...

Please, don't do it Jasper.... Please please please....

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.