New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Hello from the USA
Posted by: Jeanie Bettis (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: July 10, 2003 05:06PM

Finished WOLP this morning. Thank you Amazon UK. I could not have waited another year. I love these books!

Just a personal aside: Tuesday was my last day at work, having been laid off. It was a welcome surprise to find my copy of WOLP waiting for me on the mail table when I got home. Thanks to Jasper for making my first day of unemployment a little easier.

Re: Hello from the USA
Posted by: AlisonS (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 10, 2003 05:50PM

Poor you - all my sympathy - hope something really good comes up for you soon. (Probably not a job in jurisfiction but something almost as good!)

Posted by: Milo (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 10, 2003 10:01PM

If anyone *does* discover anything like Jurisfiction, let me know, being in the *unemployed* basket and all.

Solidarity, Jeanie!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 10, 2003 11:18PM

Yay! Another American! (we're few and far between around here) Welcome!

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: July 11, 2003 01:05PM

Hi Jeanie - welcome.

Hope something turns up quickly - not nice being made redundant. Empathy.

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: July 11, 2003 01:35PM

were you made redundant Susan? there was something about the place you work in the Publishing News today about people being made reduntant... hope you're ok

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: July 11, 2003 02:14PM

Carla - I'm okay, thanks for asking. We're BookScan - it's the old WIS and BookData people that merged and therefore are affected. We're safe *does a quick headcount* yes, all here.

Been made redundant 3 times in 5 years though so know exactly what it's like!

You'd have heard about it if they sent me the 'letter'!!

Posted by: Simon (193.82.99.---)
Date: July 11, 2003 02:47PM

Welcome to the fforum, Jeanie.
I hope that you find another job (and one that's really to your liking, at that) soon.

"Ths ws wlld whr* wht *s wlld... cn gt rthr sll*."

Post Edited (08-16-03 11:58)

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: July 11, 2003 04:11PM

Hi Jeanie, from another one of the Yanks on the Fforum. I'm in Michigan, and drove down to Dayton, Ohio to meet Jasper in April, which was great fun.
I got my copy of WOLP from amazon.uk in the mail Wednesday, and will be lending it to my best friend tonight so she can read it too. After that it will probably go to the friend who first lent me TEA, and got me hooked (it's all his fault).

Posted by: barely luce-id (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 15, 2003 01:41PM

I was so glad to receive my WoLP from amazon.uk! We were under the impression that we had to wait until 2004!

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: July 23, 2003 08:48PM

Hey Jeanie, welcome from yet another Yank! I'm in Connecticut, reading WOLP as we speak(or type) .

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 24, 2003 04:11AM

Welcome to the Yank from one of the (very few) Aussies. Come on in, the water's great!

Posted by: Nicky (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: July 24, 2003 04:59AM

Hi, I'm pretty new to the Fforum, but I'm happy to find out fellow Nextians on this side of the "Pond."

From Chicago,

Nicky.

Posted by: Rhea (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 24, 2003 08:01PM

Welcome to the Fforum!

I'm American too, originally from Michigan (Ann Arbor, where it seems there are a lot of Nextian fans) and currently living in NYC.

Amazon UK rocks my socks. *hugs WOLP*

Date: July 24, 2003 08:44PM

Hey Rhea, I grew up in Plymouth, now live in Saline and am moving into Ann Arbor next month. Where do you live these days?

I know a few other Fforde Ffans in A^2 (a couple of which are my fault), but I'm the only one I know of in the Fforum.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Posted by: Pam (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 24, 2003 09:08PM

Hi! I don't think I ever actually introduced myself. As you probably figured out, I'm Pam. At moment I live in New Jersey but I'm starting my freshman year of college in less than a month so I won't be here for much longer. Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know.

Date: July 24, 2003 09:11PM

Cooincidentally, my mother is named Pam and grew up in New Jersey. Where are you going for college?

Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 24, 2003 10:26PM

Hi Pam, welcome!

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: July 25, 2003 05:06AM

Hi Pam. Jump right in! We don't mind. Just watch where you land, it's a big boggy over there .....

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: July 25, 2003 03:41PM

Hey Rhea, welcome to fforum! I'm in Connecticut. Glad to see more East Coasters hanging about.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.