New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Found and lost!
Posted by: Lycanthra Pod (81.86.72.---)
Date: July 10, 2003 05:15PM

At last WOLP appeared in Chippenham, even better value because it was in the 2 for £10 in Smiths.

I got it home and it has been stolen by Sarah, so now I have to wait at least another 24 hours to read it.

Re: Found and lost!
Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 10, 2003 05:22PM

Ha haaaa LP, I got mine from 'What the Dickens' here in Melksham days and days ago....

(LP knows this but for the benefit of anyone else, the two towns are but a few miles apart... small world, this Nextian universe of ours!)

Posted by: Lycanthra Pod (81.86.72.---)
Date: July 10, 2003 07:36PM

Ha! just for that I'm going to plague you on the way to work in Devizes if the roadworks have disappeared.

Seriously though bar Naomi (Swindonian) you're the closest person I've heard of in this area. Hello

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 10, 2003 08:08PM

Hello yourself!

>phew< at least there's not much chance of our paths crossing daily, Pod - I'm out on the Calne road :)

Seriously though, there's only one person from [nearby] Swindon here? (hi Naomi!) - I'd have thought the books would've generated quite a bit of local interest. Ah, well....

Posted by: Swindonian (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 10, 2003 10:05PM

Hi Ptolemy and welcome.

I haven't posted much recently (it takes sooo long to catch up with all the posts!) but I'm still here.

We did have a bit of interest in the Fforum from other people in the Swindon area just after Jasper's talk at the Swindon Festival of Literature, but they seem to have vanished again.

Naomi

Naomi

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: July 11, 2003 05:47AM

Yes, there are a lot of folks who pop up briefly after signings or book releases, but then disappear.

Then there are the people like a certian Yank who found Jasper's website last October while looking for somewhere to buy a dodo for a Thursday Next Halloween costume, posted about the costume in the Fforum, and has been here ever since. She's now ranked 7th most prolific poster, and has been referred to as a "Fforum stalwart".

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 11, 2003 05:54AM

HMmmMmmmMm....now to WHOM would you be referring??? One wonders.... Hmmm... LOL (I think you're just trying to up your numbers Magda! HEHEHEHE)

Date: July 11, 2003 06:12AM

Nope. If I were trying to up my numbers I would simply participate more in a certain long lived game thread.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 11, 2003 06:36AM

hehehe, I've been refraining from that too...partially because I just can't keep up with it! And partially because I didn't want my numbers "artificially" inflated!

Date: July 11, 2003 07:07AM

I've only jumped in on the rare occassion that I immediately think of a clever response.

As a general rule, I try not to post unless I have something to say, which is why my numbers jumped significantly during the week after I met Jasper in April.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.