New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Crime Scene 2003 - Sherlock Awards
Posted by: cherrie waltho (---.annsummers.co.uk)
Date: July 14, 2003 01:48PM

Hello!

My collegue and I travelled to London in the hope of catching a climpse of our favourite author (of the moment, anyway!) The Sherlocks Award ceremony was going really well as we were waiting in anticipation of Jasper collecting his award. Were we disappointed or what to be told Jasper couldn't make it!
All is well that ends well because we did get to see and meet Colin Dexter. What a lovely man! So our afternoon wasn't wasted.
AND why such a delay on the publication of the new book? Did the publishing team not realise how popular Thursday Next is?

Cherrie

Re: Crime Scene 2003 - Sherlock Awards
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 14, 2003 02:06PM

Hiya Cherrie, Welcome!

A year between books is fairly standard, I believe, but it certainly feels far too long! It's even worse if you live in the US because we *know* it's been released, people are talking about it, but we can't read it unless we order from a UK bookseller.

Glad you had fun at the award ceremony and you got to meet Colin Dexter. I think it's really neat that Jasper has sort of bridged the gap between genres that you usually find. Usually mystery fans are not big on the sci-fi or fantasy books and vice-versa. Jasper brings everyone together!! I love that about him :)

Jasper Fforde: making the world a better place! LOL

Re: Crime Scene 2003 - Sherlock Awards
Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: July 14, 2003 02:33PM

I forgot to go... good thing i didn't brave the heatwave then...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.